Why is Iceman's blue a two-step ability???

brisashi
brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just don't see the reasoning. It doesn't make it a worse ability when used by the player, but I don't know why the countdown tile is part of the ability. With Luke Cage it makes sense because you can get more benefit by saving up ap and getting more out of the tile. With Iceman though it may as well be a 12 ap ability as the countdown tile is removed and additional tiles don't add more damage.

The only logic I could see is that maybe they wanted AI to be less effective with the skill for some reason.

Edit: I forgot about the stun mechanic, makes sense now.

Comments

• You can snowman one enemy and punch a different one.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    You can snowman one enemy and punch a different one.

True in game mechanics....but complete nonsense in any narrative. The clear implication is you freeze the guy to set him up for a haymaker.

Well...maybe it's freezing one guy so you don't have to worry about him while you focusing on slugging the other.

Oh, here you go....putting out that frigid blast builds up heavy ice on Bobby's hands which takes some time to clear...unless he slugs someone .... and he can't repeat the freeze routine until the ice is clear. icon_e_wink.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You freeze one guy in the snowman. If you target him with the punch, you just punch the snowman. If you target somebody else, you punch the snowman into them. Simple!
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Because now you have the option of letting the tile expire and stun-locking a member of the enemy team. There's alot of utility in being able to potentially stunlock thing, xfdp, jean grey, loki, hood, goon ap generators, ultron gunners, etc, etc while you focus on other enemies.
  • Also, it avoids giving you the ability to stun two or three members of the enemy team at the same time, which can give you actual "Make more matches and AP" advantages which is kinda important.
  • brisashi
    I totally missed the part of the ability that stuns.

Derp. Thanks guys.
  • cyineedsn wrote:
    Because now you have the option of letting the tile expire and stun-locking a member of the enemy team. There's alot of utility in being able to potentially stunlock thing, xfdp, jean grey, loki, hood, goon ap generators, ultron gunners, etc, etc while you focus on other enemies.
    I think there's one turn that the enemy isn't stunned between multiple casts, because the enemy stun count goes down by one before your turn comes up again to reduce on turn on the CD.
  • It is a two step ability to allow us all to linger on those steely black eyes.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should check out this thread;

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32435

It's for discussing only iceman. Crazy!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards

Excellent plan, acescracked!

Locking this thread.
  • brisashi

I'd rather discuss things here.
  • I really want iceman...I've been saving my Hero points so if I buy a 10X pack in the Venom: Heroic event am I guaranteed an Iceman cover? It says "bonus draw rate for Iceman"
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question has been answered, locking the thread.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    The question has been answered, locking the thread.
    Thanks. I appear to have been distracted between saying I was locking it and actually doing so.
This discussion has been closed.