Event tokens are all 2* Time for a better draw rate!

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Out of the last three event (Pve) all I was able pull from event tokens were 2*! I checked with my alliance mates and it's pretty much the same story.....

1. Is anyone else having better luck?
2. Should the draw rates be betters for 3* now that the company is starting to transition towards 4*and 5*?
3. Anyone else getting burnt out with all these new toons?

Good luck to everyone in 5* land

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vault aside, they did up the odds in all non-vault tokens at the beginning of the current season, upping 4* draw rates, taking it from the 2* pool. If you have hoarded tokens from previous events, before the change, they will change when the event comes around again, so you may want to hold on to those.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They should use event tokens to fill in the missing token step they skipped when they created Legendary tokens. Guaranteed 3* with a small chance for a 4*. Your average player is probably opening between 3-10 of these per event, depending on event length, number of sub events, etc...With the current state of the game, you're not going to convince me that a few extra 3*s coming into the economy, with the rare 4* being pulled, is going to harm the game in anyway.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled one old event token today and got a Ragnarok. My tracking sheet says 59 of my 235 event token pulls have been 3* or better, so that's 25%. Can't complain about that I don't think.
  • Malcrof
    I pulled one old event token today and got a Ragnarok. My tracking sheet says 59 of my 235 event token pulls have been 3* or better, so that's 25%. Can't complain about that I don't think.

My sheet still shows my sad 4/242 golds on event (non-ultron) tokens.. PVP tokens on the other hand, have been great.
  • same here, like there's nothing really improve i bet that even if they add dozen 4* they chance are same. . . . . .small as usual
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    My sheet still shows my sad 4/242 golds on event (non-ultron) tokens.. PVP tokens on the other hand, have been great.
    I lump them all together. The Ultron tokens were nothing but junk for me though, that much I remember.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Out of the last three event (Pve) all I was able pull from event tokens were 2*! I checked with my alliance mates and it's pretty much the same story.....

1. Is anyone else having better luck?
    2. Should the draw rates be betters for 3* now that the company is starting to transition towards 4*and 5*?
    3. Anyone else getting burnt out with all these new toons?

Good luck to everyone in 5* land

1. i keep track of season totals
    last season 17 out of 60 tokens were gold
    this season so far 5 tokens out of 13 are gold

2... nope cause newbies still new 2 stars

3.. nope
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Last season I was in a bad drought. Almost all my tokens yielded 2*. This season is a lot better.

Pulled a icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png from Venom: Heroic today and got a 4* icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png from Meet Rocket and Groot. Your luck will change eventually.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I do not remember about 3* but I pulled a icon_thing.png out of my first R&G event token.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    I lump them all together. The Ultron tokens were nothing but junk for me though, that much I remember.

Ultron tokens (not the carol run) were insanely good for me, so many HP and gold draws.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    During rocket & groot I pulled a blue iceman cover from an event token after sub 1 finished. When sub 2 ended, I got a yellow thing cover (the other two were gold too, can't remember who it was though. Best rewards for top 2 in a sub by far).
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    My token luck has been complete trash historically. However, since the buff to the odds on tokens I pulled an Antman and the ever elusive (for me) PX yellow yesterday out of a couple event tokens (R&G I think and a PVP one).
  • Just got a Heroic and a Identity Theft token both star.pngstar.png . Seems like you have to pull a 10 pack just to get a gold pull, at least in my experience.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i went through a stretch for a good couple months with nothing but 2*. then i went through stretch where i probably got 6 for 10, including 4 in a row. now i'm back to 2*. it varies.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got another purple Iceman from a heroic. So...that at least cheered me up.

Woulda preferred a green, but I'm not complaining 83
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like the 12.5% draw rate on the featured 2* skews my perception. Like, my event token 3* draw rate isn't horrible, but if I get four event tokens in an event, it feels like two of them are the featured 2*, which doesn't leave a lot of room for 'valuable' draws.

I think I've gotten a 4* out of an event token once, and my 3* roster is nearing completion, so the event tokens are increasingly ISO fodder for me.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if it'd be damaging at all if event tokens just had 3stars and 4 stars. I mean there are 40 3 stars alone, with 4 stars in the mix thats roughly 58 in the mix.

Even if you move 1.4% out of 2 stars, most players won't see a statistic difference from that overall. The odds change is too small for people to say they are seeing a huge increase in 4s or decrease in 2 stars. Especially if I'm not mistaken that percentage is just being shifted by tier, not per character.

1.4 divided by the 18 in pack 4 stars is a %.07 increase per.