Heroic Venom timer

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Anyone else having this issue...I just started the Heroic pve and everytime I finish a node, the next node shows up with a 4 minute timer counting down. Like I have already done the node and it needs time to get to full points again...WEIRD.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    try closing out of the app and re-opening. sometimes the timers glitch and that seems to fix it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Bugs
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think this is really a bug. It happens when you get out of sync with the server clock. Re-starting gets you back in sync. The game's been doing this ever since I can remember.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it a feature, then? If the game needs to keep in sync with the server in order to function properly, then when it's not in sync, it's a bug. It may not be easy or even possible to fix, but it's still a bug.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It happens to my wife, when she messes with the clock on her phone to get more lives in her Crazy Kitchen game. Do you change the time on your phone at all?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This same thing happens to me sometimes, and I never mess with the time. I'd definitely call it a bug. Completely closing the app and reopening it always fixes it for me.
  • simonsez
    Is it a feature, then? If the game needs to keep in sync with the server in order to function properly, then when it's not in sync, it's a bug. It may not be easy or even possible to fix, but it's still a bug.
    I love semantic arguments, so let me say that the game still rewards you the proper number of points, and nodes are refreshing exactly as they should, so it's a stretch to say it's not functioning properly.

This is less of a "bug" than the PvP points issue people are always complaining about, but the cause is probably the same. The clock would stay in sync if the game kept pinging the servers to check, but this would be a really bad idea if your goal is to not kill the servers.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I love semantic arguments, so let me say that the game still rewards you the proper number of points, and nodes are refreshing exactly as they should, so it's a stretch to say it's not functioning properly.

Well now that's new information. So it's more of a display issue? In that case, you can close and reopen the app to resync or just go ahead and play. Either way you'll get the right amount of points?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Well now that's new information. So it's more of a display issue? In that case, you can close and reopen the app to resync or just go ahead and play. Either way you'll get the right amount of points?
    I always restart it to get clean timers, just to be on the safe side.

It's probably just cosmetic (still a bug, though), but I don't like to risk it.
  • simonsez
    Either way you'll get the right amount of points?
    Correct.