The end is near, the last step

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
As soon as s4 pve ends I will get my iceman covers and will have to open a slot for him. It will be my 77th slot, the first for 1k hp.

Yeah I could sell one of my dupes, but they are so good IMO that seems worth to have a second build (Blade, Cyke, IF, KK, 2 yellow IM40). Yeah I could sell a 2* and not have all of them (few are 94), but I like to have them there for when I need and then sell every single 2* cover for iso, which I'm starving of course.

So is there anything that seems a big step for you, that doesn't changes much (if anything at all) but you feel different about it?

Ps: please leave the 5*s alone, they MAKE a big difference so they won't fit here.

Comments

• My first time playing the game was during the first Hulk event. Said event also comes with one free Hulk cover, which to my star.png self, was a big upgrade over the unleveled Classic Hawkeye and Modern Black Widow. Afterwards was the Iso-8 Brotherhood, where through crazy token luck, I drew Nick Fury, now having a Level 70 to help out my otherwise one star roster.

Those two carried me for a while through Prologue stuff, gathering up star.pngstar.png s and such.

Finally leveling up my Thor past Nick there was a big symbolic moment for me. It just felt right having something constructed finally overcome the crutch I drew early. I felt so strangly proud at that moment.

I also felt something special when I got my first star.pngstar.pngstar.png covered, and I feel special now having gotten my first Legendary token from the PVE, which makes star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png stuff seem, well, possible to get. The only way I got them before other then lucky draws was lucky late game brackets getting me 2 first place finishes. This feels nice.

I'm gonna go open it right now, since I missed out on Iceman and had the HP for a roster slot if I don't get anything I already got.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have one slot left open maybe 2 if i sell off my 2nd doom what is max covered

have 17k but dont want to spend it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So is there anything that seems a big step for you, that doesn't changes much (if anything at all) but you feel different about it?

Just hit 1000HP roster size myself. At least it can't get any worse =/

Personally I'm nervous about making that step beyond level 166. Maybe when a few more 4*s get more covered I'll go for it. Having one with 12, three with 10 and the rest at 5 or fewer feels not-quite-ready-yet.
    I remember being nervous about taking the plunge with my 3*s going past level 94 a while ago, what did it for me was realising Patch was kinda **** at level 94, so I pushed on.
    Not quite at the stage where my 3*s don't cut it any more.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Sold my mbw to roster iceman, but I already have 2 blue in waiting and will likely get 3 more in the next few days. Then she will placehold until a surfer falls my way. Great team up.
  • IMO dupes are not worth having any more since the increase to 10 health packs. Slots for useful TU (0/5 MBW, 3/0/0 OBW) etc are useful, though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit the 1000 point cost yesterday too. But, as was said, it can't get any worse.
    I am thinking Friday's DDQ is going to be interesting as I haven't decided if I'm going to level up Invisible Woman or not yet. I'm stockpiling ISO at the moment, then I'll have to see how far it might take me.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I'm at 75, only two dupes (OBW and a Luke Cage in slow progress). I still have a bunch of 1* and Bagman though, so I can eventually gain some shelf space that way.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:
    IMO dupes are not worth having any more since the increase to 10 health packs. Slots for useful TU (0/5 MBW, 3/0/0 OBW) etc are useful, though.

Being able to send team ups is worth having a dupe or 2, i keep a DP purple only for team ups..

Iceman was my last 950hp slot. All i ask is a way to earn 1k HP between releases.. so far it has been a struggle, but i have managed it each time.
  • So we both love dupes, great. But having a 2-yellow IM40 as a dupe implies you have a 3-yellow IM40? Why not sell the 3-yellow?
    One is 553 lv105 (soft cap for my 3*s), the second is 312 lv40.

For his pvp it's good. And I hope someday they will buff him.