Any way to add number of people in slice Before joining

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
IS there anyway you can add or show how many people are in a slice before you join it would help major

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, that'd be fantastic. That way all the bracket-shoppers could spend the entire event playing chicken with each other and watching the counters never move past the 900s.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Yes, that'd be fantastic. That way all the bracket-shoppers could spend the entire event playing chicken with each other and watching the counters never move past the 900s.

so i should be forced to join a bracket with 998 people in it and be a whole refresh or more behind,,,, ANd what makes the different between this and people on LINE ... So i dont have line so those who do have know how many people in each bracket and the tell people who not to attack yea that is fair...
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    so i should be forced to join a bracket with 998 people in it and be a whole refresh or more behind,,,, ANd what makes the different between this and people on LINE ... So i dont have line so those who do have know how many people in each bracket and the tell people who not to attack yea that is fair...

What does this have anything to do with LINE?!? There's always a forum post like this one that you can check out right here...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waiting for brackets to open fresh is an emergent strategy used by a small percentage of the user base. If they were to put that info live in the game in real time, far more people would learn the strategy, which doesn't seem that bad at first but would likely have the result of more and more players waiting to join, playing exactly the game of chicken referenced by simonsez above.

Waiting for a bracket to open certainly isn't cheating, but I don't think the devs want to encourage it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Waiting for a bracket to open certainly isn't cheating, but I don't think the devs want to encourage it.
    I used to think the devs didn't want people to kill themselves playing PVE optimally - then they added visible refresh timers when we still had 2:25 refreshes.

So who knows what the devs want to encourage.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

You're not forced to join a bracket at all. If you don't want to possibly join a bracket with 998 people in it and be a whole refresh or more behind, then join at the beginning when you definitely won't be a whole refresh behind or more. Don't want to play the whole event? That's your choice, accept the possible consequences of it. The difference between this and people on LINE, is that the devs would be encouraging playing chicken.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Waiting for brackets to open fresh is an emergent strategy used by a small percentage of the user base. If they were to put that info live in the game in real time, far more people would learn the strategy, which doesn't seem that bad at first but would likely have the result of more and more players waiting to join, playing exactly the game of chicken referenced by simonsez above.

As the first one to create the organized version of the bracket count threads, I agree with you and simonsez, and to no surprise, disagree with another slidecage suggestion. 850-900 players in each bracket don't score well enough to grab a 3* cover in ranking, so giving them a reason to delay their entry into a bracket, would probably hurt some of those that might actually play well enough to rank.

The game does have a menu that points you to the forums. It's like reading the instruction manual for the game. If you read the instruction manual, you know how to play the game better than going in blind.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    so i should be forced to join a bracket with 998 people in it and be a whole refresh or more behind
    Yes, because as anyone can clearly see, those are exactly the words I typed

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who plays chicken with the slice times and brackets to get max reward for minimal effort one would be mistaken for thinking I would support the OP's suggestion. It's all part of the fun and mystery, will I join with only and handful of people in it or will I be player 999?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    And just because you enter late into an almost full bracket doesn't mean you're not going to get top 100. For one of the recent events, I was player 987 and still easily finished top 100 (and was actually very close to top 50).