Countdown tile location bug

PriceCzech
PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
I've witnessed this a few times, but I think I have confirmed it with a recent match.

General issue: a countdown tile counts down twice in the same turn because it is moved after it counts down the first time.

Example board layout:
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngecountdown.pngblacktile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngecountdown.pngredtile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngtrap.pngredtile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png

The countdown tile in the top right counts down from 2 to 1, then the countdown tile below it counts down from 1 to 0, goes off, and destroys the surrounding red tiles. Without matches, this places the top right countdown tile where the trap tile is located. Then, the tile counts down from 1 to 0, and goes off, dealing damage.

So in this example, the top right countdown tile has counted down twice in the same turn. This should not happen. Can you please verify this and let me know when it might be corrected? Thanks!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would usually happen if a match 5+ is created by the tile going off.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Can you please verify this and let me know when it might be corrected? Thanks!
    The devs usually won't confirm that something like this is a bug until they're very close to fixing it, because people get very antsy if they announce "yeah, we'll fix that someday".

In this case, I think it will be a while before we see a fix, because this ties into some complex order-of-operations issues. It's the kind of thing that, when fixed, could introduce new and more irritating problems if it's not done in just the right way.
  • This bug has been around since the beginning. I'm pretty sure they aren't working on a fix because of how rarely it happens. In my 450+ days I've only seen it happy maybe 5-6 times.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Cayasha wrote:
    This bug has been around since the beginning. I'm pretty sure they aren't working on a fix because of how rarely it happens. In my 450+ days I've only seen it happy maybe 5-6 times.

This happens all the time with Daredevil's Billy Club. When the blue CD resolves, if the new CD tile created is below or to the right of the previous tile, then the CD tile ticks down 1, eliminating that one turn gap where the enemy isn't stunned. You can also see it pretty easily if you use Scarlet Witch plus Modern Hawkeye. If Arcane Incantation resolves into a match 5, any Speed Shot tiles below the initial CD spot tick down 1, and anything above it stays at 2.