Levelling characters question

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been keeping all my roster maxed at level 153 for a long time now until I get enough covers to make jump to 166

My question is: For PVE or PVP is it better or worse to level up my characters to 166?

Also should I just save up ISO to level up a bunch to 166 or just start slowly bumping them up over time?

I have a lot of 3* characters I need covers for so part of me just wants to keep saving up ISO and only putting it into characters I need to level closer to 153. I mainly play PVE events right now and starting to get into some PVP play.

My roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Nige ... readsheet/

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    153 to 166 is not a huge jump, but in PVP, when boosted, it will make a difference.

I would level them to 166, as they are either featured or weekly boosted, as iso allows. You will notice the difference in PVP, but in Story Mode, your play should stay about the same.

No downside at all.
  • Excuse me while I hijack this thread for a vaguely related question.

I've been artificially keeping my team around lvl 110. If I decide to max lvl Torch and level Colossus to 153 during sub 1 of Venom Heroic, how soon do you think my scaling will catch up?

I know it's been said before that scaling is not linked to level, but let's be honest, it clearly is.

When will I see scaling react:

1) immediately?
    2) at the end of the sub?
    3) at the end of the event?
    4) gradually, because it's only linked to results not level?
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Grantosium wrote:
    Excuse me while I hijack this thread for a vaguely related question.

I've been artificially keeping my team around lvl 110. If I decide to max lvl Torch and level Colossus to 153 during sub 1 of Venom Heroic, how soon do you think my scaling will catch up?

I know it's been said before that scaling is not linked to level, but let's be honest, it clearly is.

1) immediately?

This is also what I was asking as it relates to PVE. My GF plays and has her roster maxed at 131 and the nodes she plays are much easier.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    Excuse me while I hijack this thread for a vaguely related question.

1) immediately?

Going from 153 to 166 is not a big jump, going from 110 to 153 is. If you do the jump during sub 1, the scaling MAY not catch up to you until Sub 2, but , it MAY also adjust itself after a refresh or 2.

Now, before you jump a character up in levels.. make sure they are useful boosted. Torch when boosted is flat mean.. Colossus, no real noticeable change other than health from 110 to 166.. Fastball Special does a touch more landing damage, but it has no bearing on the skill used by the person thrown.

So when you choose who to level, make sure the levels will be helpful.

As for starting at 110, i would make the next stop at 140 , but do no fewer than 3 or 4 characters to start, you need a good core.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Colossus, no real noticeable change other than health from 110 to 166.. Fastball Special does a touch more landing damage, but it has no bearing on the skill used by the person thrown.

I hadn't thought of this. Very good point.

Malcrof wrote:
    As for starting at 110, i would make the next stop at 140 , but do no fewer than 3 or 4 characters to start, you need a good core.

If I'm going to be keeping 3 or 4 characters together that'll mean the next stop is 127, not 140. It's just very tempting to do this for the PvPs while Torch and Colossus are boosted. I know it will permanently harm my PvE chances, but I'm seeing myself as transitioning to PvP and unlikely to do many more PvEs competitively.

Probably better off staying where I am for another cycle of DDQ or two, or stopping at 114 instead.