Blank Covers - Pick your upgrade.

I think something that would be a breath of fresh air would be "colorless covers" where you could actually just pick your upgrade.

Comments

• That will never happen i don't think due to the company making money from 40 packs etc. If they let you choose a cover; then half there income is lost.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    That will never happen i don't think due to the company making money from 40 packs etc. If they let you choose a cover; then half there income is lost.

Blank covers would obviously be going too far, but colourless (still character-specific) could readily be done in a way that could even enhance sales if done right, the increased chance of getting something usable when you only need a few specific covers would offset sales lost by less being needed overall.

Players would be more likely to spend if they were not being frustrated by things such as the potential situation somebody could be in today where they already have Doc Ock fully covered on green but little to nothing on the other two and then win two more greens from a top 100 pve finish and the DDQ.
  • I like this idea. For too long there have been limited opportunities to get certain covers. Meanwhile I have sold literally 100+ 4* wolverine covers, incalculable assorted 3* covers and all sorts of others.

I'd hate to see the game become more wealth biased than it is. However, I'd even support some level of trading covers. The 4* covers I've sold back to the ai for ISO could easily have gone to alliance mates for ISO.
  • Maybe something along the lines of being able to cash in a Legendary token for a colorless cover for one of five 3* heroes (say the current DDQ set) instead of opening it normally? That would make those PVE progression rewards more useful to people making the 2*-3* transition.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    One sad thing about all this is that the devs seem to be actively encouraging these lopsided cover scenarios, the alliance award for pve placement is always the same as the lowest rank awarded for individuals so you could quickly end up throwing away covers for a character with 0 in another of their colours e.g. you could readily get 3 green hulk covers in his own recent event and in the very next one it is also the placement reward.

Oddly, by them doing this it could actually be costing them money as nobody could even think of buying up a character if they don't have that first power. I sometimes wonder for the lower tiers (3* and below) why they don't just make the first cover you get for a character a 1/1/1 cover as it would make a character more usable on less rosters and at the same time increase the chances of somebody buying their way to a character.