Is it possible [to get legendary PVE tkn without essentials]

MajinDavid
MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it possible in pve to get the legendary token without one of the essential characters? Just curious to see if I want to make the effort or not

Mod edit: Edited subject line for clarity. -DayvBang

Comments

• Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Yes, in pve that progression is definitely reachable without essentials. For the rocket and Groot pve, progression was at 44k and top scores are over 80k.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    For Hulk PvE, I didn't have CStorm, and I got the token just doing 3 clears a day, except when I fell asleep and did 2.5.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've edited the subject line of this thread for clarity. Please try to use specific subject lines, not vague ones like "is it possible", "just me?", "please please please", etc.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    I've edited the subject line of this thread for clarity. Please try to use specific subject lines, not vague ones like "is it possible", "just me?", "please please please", etc.
    You mean like "Please, please, please is it possible for just me to get the legendary token without an essential"?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It well take some grinding but yes
  • I got it without having The Thing plus I missed the end grind on the 48 hour sub. Realistically if you can get three clears in a day you'll get it with time to spare even if you are missing one essential. Of course it's a lot easier with all three essentials
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    heres a question

How late can you start and still get the token. Going to try this with sim i hate sim
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    heres a question

How late can you start and still get the token. Going to try this with sim i hate sim

For R&G easily midway through the 48hour sub.. i have well over 20k in the final sub alone, 70k+ for the event..
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    heres a question

Depends on the PVE and how hard you plan to play the part you do play.

Points in most PVEs accelerate, so you can get away with playing the second half.

On the Hulk, the last 3 subs.

On Rocket & Groot, you could have ground the 2nd sub, played the 3rd to the hilt, and squeaked it out.

isnt all of the PVE the same (by that i mean 3 4 and 7)

Meaning if you can play last 4 days of a 7 day and get it would that be the same of all 7 days if the numbers stay same

2 full clears at the start of event and then grind last 90 mins of sub... is how i would play
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Anyone know of any exceptions? I recall one of them ending with a really low-scoring last day....but can't remember which.
    Oscorp Heroic has a pretty low scoring end time.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't have Thing, and I didn't hit every clear each day, but I just now squeaked across the line for 44k.

I mean, there's 5 hours left, so I'm probably sacrificing placement for a guarantee that I get the token, but I'll take the guaranteed 4* cover over the possibility of a Steve Rogers redflag.png I don't even need.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    isnt all of the PVE the same (by that i mean 3 4 and 7)

Meaning if you can play last 4 days of a 7 day and get it would that be the same of all 7 days if the numbers stay same

2 full clears at the start of event and then grind last 90 mins of sub... is how i would play

No, they are not all the same.

For instance, Enemy of the State has some high scoring subs, and some low scoring subs.

And, of course, they are all subject to change, heh.

The general answer to the question would be that playing the last half (rounded up to be safe, so, as you said, the last 4 days of a 7 day event), and playing it hard, should get the max progression in most PVEs.

Anyone know of any exceptions? I recall one of them ending with a really low-scoring last day....but can't remember which.

be interesting to see if you hit the Enemy of state double reward if you dont have the wave nod ess (highly doubtful)