New Players

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Are they still any new players currently in MPQ?

It just seems that everywhere in the forums are all of people with 3* and transitioning to 4* territory. New players does not seem as apparent as maybe a few months back.
Maybe Im wrong.

Comments

• You shouldn't really expect new players on the forums.

They might visit the forum as guests, but most people won't register and post on the forum unless they're fairly confident they're sticking around for a while.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You see more of them on Reddit than here.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi unconcerned,

You should not be so concerned about this.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My wife is in a public transitional alliance.. they have new players join as fast as ones ready to move on, leave. I am pretty sure there is no lack of new players.

The newer players will find there way to the forums usually when they come up against something they either need help on, or do not understand.

The 4* DDQ node saw a huge influx of new forumites..
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Yes, we have a constant stream of new players that tends to spike whenever some new movie/comic related news comes around. Forum uptake usually happens when a big new feature is introduced, and that's, as stated above, usually Guests that register to finally post.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Yes, we have a constant stream of new players that tends to spike whenever some new movie/comic related news comes around. Forum uptake usually happens when a big new feature is introduced, and that's, as stated above, usually Guests that register to complain about it.

Fixed!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Yes, we have a constant stream of new players that tends to spike whenever some new movie/comic related news comes around. Forum uptake usually happens when a big new feature is introduced, and that's, as stated above, usually Guests that register to complain about it.

Fixed!

Upvote!
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I'm actually a new player, I'm on day 39 since I've started playing and actually facing a bit of a dilemma here.

This is my current roster:

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Green83/

And I can add:

Blade *** Green
    Invisible Woman **** Yellow
    Magneto *** Blue
    Deadpool *** Black
    Black Panther *** Black

I have just dumped a *** Capt Marvel yellow and black and a *** Gamora green, due to them expiring over the weekend while being away.
    I have dumped my one stars and started to build a Juggernaught as many advised for the daily deadpool quest. But I was wondering what other moves I should make, I want to plan long term, so would like to keep my three and four stars as much as possible.

Not sure if i'm in the right place to ask here, but didn't see a roster question thread on the first glimpse.
    Any advice is welcome icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    you've already done the best thing by whittling your 1*s down to 1 character. I think 2* bullseye should be the next to go in favor of the next 3 or 4*.

beyond that, I don't think you should get rid of anyone else. the characters in your queue are must-adds, but Blade and Mags top that list for me. Deadpool and Black Panther are top level 3*s as well. IW is considered one of (if not THE) weakest 4*, but at this point in your (and my!) game you can't afford to toss 4* characters.

I would recommend dropping $20 on Logan's Loonies. the 2,900 HP should be enough to unlock the roster slots you need.

I am generally a F2P gamer, but getting a Logan's Loonies was the single best thing I've ever done in this game. just being able to roster several characters, I could access more DDQs, I had more essentials, which then lead to higher PVE point totals. it was definitely a moment that snowballed into greater things (including winning more HP, which lead to more roster slots!)
  • Maybe not new car smell new, but Day 84 here. Did a lot of browsing as a guest while trying to figure the game out. Followed most of the advice (heavily invested in 10 and 40/42 packs).
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am in an ultra casual public alliance and see new players all the time. They are put there but couldn't possibly comment on if they stick around long term.
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Hi everyone, I'm also still quite 'new' to the game at day 80 approx. In the middle of the 3* transition. I've been reading the forums since day 3 or so and learned quite a lot here. Spent on some Logan loonies so far, as roster slots seem essential for faster progress.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 55 here.

My most covered are 2* Storm, Wolverine and Daken, Human Torch, 2* Thor and MnMagneto, and are my mainstay for most things at my level. Trying to transition to 3* level with a few covers for Hulk, LCap, Dr Doom, Sentry and Beast. I've even picked up a few legendary so far got Kingpin with 2 cover, Star Lord (2Covers), Uncanny Deadpool (2 Covers) and I have Lady Thor and Thing sitting in my recruitment queue.

I try to have a diverse number of characters to cover the many different events that go on with my 2* roster featuring plenty of covered characters with none under level 70 (except Moonstone which I picked up for the simulator PVE), I can place top 150-200 in any PVE and usually place top 250 PVP with my roster.

I can't win any event since I'm not wasting HP on shields and my roster isn't strong enough at the minute but I just accept that and build slowly. I have yet to pay for anything on this game, so I'm proof you don't need to throw money at it to get better.