Don’t understand the matchmaking …

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I’ve been playing for a few weeks but finally am getting frustrated enough to post. Not sure if there’s an answer for this...

Sometimes I get a string of opponents with only level 1 – 2 characters (my team is 2* and 3* in the 70s), but other times I get matched to only monster teams of Level 100+ 3*’s.

I’ve been trying to read up on tanking and other exploits but I thought they have been disabled?

This is all happening in same day and my win/loss patterns aren’t changing. For example, in the recent Heroic Lightning rounds I’m just fighting enough to get to 100 pts to get the ISO reward there, so usually 4-5 battles, winning mayb 70-80% of the time.

Yet in one match all I get placed against the weak low level teams while the next it’s against impossible to beat teams, and it doesn’t appear to be due to good or poor performance – sometimes I keep losing or am smacked down by so many others while I’m fighting so never make it even to 50 pts, yet the next round I’m still pitted again super teams while I’m losing just as much.

I thought it was a time of day thing but that doesn’t seem to be true. I play literally at any time randomly (at work in the daytime and at night when I can’t sleep, all times in a 24 hour interval, just not very at any given time), and there doesn’t seem to be any correlation either, I’ve gotten the easy teams in the daytime just as much as at 4am.

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most the teams with level 1 -2 chars are probably bots/seed teams used to inject points into the system.
    After those matches are done you'll get put into the MMR rating you've developed through previous games.
  • Those lvl1-2 and lvl15-20 teams are bots used as seed teams, usually near the tournament start, while the high teams are what you should be matched with. I'm guessing you've been winning a lot lately and gotten yourself a higher Matchmaking Rating than you should have with a roster your level.
  • Ah ok, thanks for the info on the bots. DIdn't realize that was going on. But they appear a lot... and i've joining tourneys in the middle and still see them, and it doesn't seem to correlate to past win/losses.

The weirdest one I saw was a Punisher 115, Bagman 6 and Hawkeye 6. I took a screenshot of it, thought it was a cheater or something, but a d3 bot seems reasonable.
  • grimbergen wrote:
    Ah ok, thanks for the info on the bots. DIdn't realize that was going on. But they appear a lot... and i've joining tourneys in the middle and still see them, and it doesn't seem to correlate to past win/losses.

The weirdest one I saw was a Punisher 115, Bagman 6 and Hawkeye 6. I took a screenshot of it, thought it was a cheater or something, but a d3 bot seems reasonable.
    That's someone putting in a tank team but forgetting to use the given level 15 Punisher