diabolical plot red target

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
as i was playing last night i was pretty sure when doom fired his purple there was some kind of red target appeared on any purple tile..but its gone now

anybody saw this?kinda weird tho

Comments

• I can't remember the exact animation, but I'm not surprised if that's the animation when you're playing against Doom.

Doom places hidden 'trap' tiles on purples passively. His Purple's active power detonates these traps so a very short animation for his opponent to see where the purple trap tiles were is not a huge surprise.

Not that you can do anything about it after the event, so it doesn't have any practical benefit to the player other than to satisfy the curiousity in regards to how many trap tiles they are being hit with.
  • jdoe893
    Grantosium wrote:
    I can't remember the exact animation, but I'm not surprised if that's the animation when you're playing against Doom.

Doom places hidden 'trap' tiles on purples passively. His Purple's active power detonates these traps so a very short animation for his opponent to see where the purple trap tiles were is not a huge surprise.

Not that you can do anything about it after the event, so it doesn't have any practical benefit to the player other than to satisfy the curiousity in regards to how many trap tiles they are being hit with.
    so you are implying it is normal to see a red target targeting random purple tile before diabolical plot animation goes off..
  • If it is a friendly Doom you should see a target symbol constantly and as soon as the trap is placed similar to: trap.png

If it is an enemy Doom there is an animation on the tiles that appears briefly when the active power is triggered. I can't remember for certain if it's a red target symbol but that sounds about right.
  • jdoe893
    Grantosium wrote:
    If it is a friendly Doom you should see a target symbol constantly and as soon as the trap is placed similar to: trap.png

If it is an enemy Doom there is an animation on the tiles that appears briefly when the active power is triggered. I can't remember for certain if it's a red target symbol but that sounds about right.
    thanks..now i can sleep soundly icon_cool.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    My Doom does traps on blue sometimes, too. He's so diabolical.