How can you lose points while shielded?

Tenaciousdecaf
Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I climbed to 898 before shielding for 8 hours in BP PVP. Shortly after shielding I got attacked a couple times, but got the typical +0 report. Woke up 6.5 hours later and saw a handful of attacks ( a couple defensive wins) but a net -13 in total. Shield still has 1+30 until it expires. I'm not upset- it's only 13 points - but how did this happen?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably someone who attacked while you were unshielded but it didn't get processed until much later.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    There is a delay sometimes in updating shielding and points status. Apparently more than 1 server is involved in keeping track.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official CS reply you'll get is, server lag. Always check leader boards immediately after shielding, this forces the server to "see" your shield
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Official CS reply you'll get is, server lag. Always check leader boards immediately after shielding, this forces the server to "see" your shield

Which begs the question; if all the servers can be made to sync correctly immediately, then why the bloody hell wasn't code introduced to make them do so immediately when a shield is purchased?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i like to know why once i get at 650 no matter how many skips i use i only get to fight 5 teams.. its just the same 5 teams listed same person (so its not different people using the same teams)