anyone elses ranks jumping without playing in pve again

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
162 logged off 215 back on..

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    162 logged off 215 back on..

Wait...you are saying you were 162....but now215 without playing at all? I can't believe it!
  • I think you need your morning coffee.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Dude stop bragging about how low your pve scaling is icon_e_wink.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Dude stop bragging about how low your pve scaling is icon_e_wink.gif
    Yeah, get back to us when you see a lv395 Hood being fed yellow by goons.

bar-barney-stinson-blick-bro-Favim.com-1340703.jpg
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no concrete proof, since I am always hitting refreshes, but I wouldnt be surprised if there was an automatic bump in levels based on time left in the sub.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it does feel like scaling exists in this. The end node definitely did not start off with level 310 minions for me, but that's what I've got now.
  • Same thing here. Not sure if quitting & coming back in triggers a scaling update (my guess), or if it's time based. Or if someone flipped the community scaling switch back on. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it does feel like scaling exists in this. The end node definitely did not start off with level 310 minions for me, but that's what I've got now.
    I miss those 310 minions. much rather take them on than doom/mystique in the 200s. there are multiple teams that can ace goon nodes no matter what level they are and the more you ace them in your grind, the more scaling kicks in. looks like a big chunk of scaling resets for each sub though - anyone else?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with these goon/mystique/doom nodes is that the goon feeds them enough AP to start constantly spamming demons or stuns and masterstroke pretty quicky, so there are usually one of two outcomes: you either got things going really quickly and wiped them out before any real damage happened, so the game penalizes you with a scaling bump; or, you completely wipe, and the game "rewards" you by letting you use 3 health packs and trying it again at the exact same level that just wiped you out.