What level should I have my 3* to hit 800 in PVP?

Options
Hi all. I have Thor, Storm, Dr Doom, Torch, Gamora, and Grocket maxed covered. Currently they are level 133 or so. Should I wait until I get more heroes in the 12-13 cover range and raise from there or should I raise what I have and fight hard?

Thanks!

Comments

• I had a more robust list of 3* sitting at level 100 and can hit 800 with a shield bump. Can't do much more than that...but at least the 800 prize is reachable.

Someone with more savy will have to offer up a strategy given your circumstances.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    You should be able to hit 800 right now. Though having some roster diversity is extremely helpful, you have a couple upper tier characters. Use the forums to get an idea of how to time your rushes in PVP and how to shield appropriately and you should not have too much trouble.
  • Basically, yes, but only if you're willing to shieldhop a bit. May need to shield once or twice to get there.

It's cheaper then the 1250 to get the cover yourself, at least.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This also depends on the featured character and boosted. If one of your higher ones are both you should do well.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Here's the better question: do you play competitively in pve events? If the answer is "no," then there's little reason to hold back on maxing out your favorite 3* (if you have an iso stash of course).

In pvp, people are not gonna hold back from hitting you because you're still transitioning to 3*. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    If you start playing earlier in the event you should be able to hit 800 pretty easily.

PvP is kind of weird in that there is little benefit to having higher level characters than aren't maxed. When people are looking at teams to attack they see a lot of level 240 characters, and a lot of level 166 characters. If your characters aren't maxed your team is going to be just as likely to be attacked if they are all level 130 or all level 150.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In pvp ppl generally dont look at yr team they look at yr pts.if u are worth 40+to some1 u are gonna get hit simple as that.i would max yr toons as soon as u can.
  • UncleSmed
    Options
    Hold off at between 120-135.

Just levelled a fifth character to 140, and am facing ugly amounts of pure max level characters in pvp.
    Hardly feels worth the effort to push through to get the 800 I could easily grab before I levelled up the last one.
  • UncleSmed wrote:
    Hold off at between 120-135.

Just levelled a fifth character to 140, and am facing ugly amounts of pure max level characters in pvp.
    Hardly feels worth the effort to push through to get the 800 I could easily grab before I levelled up the last one.

I see that all the time. Maxed teams to sift throuh. This event had a bunch. I got timing right and queued up some points I could take in an offset shield hop. Got my 800 prize and a top 50 finish for the surgical move.
  • Ugh, well that was a disaster. I leveled Thor and Doom to 139 to go in slice 3 of Predator and Prey and it as just a yoyo fest. All those health packs were wasted from the back and forth retaliations. Towards the end I won a 40ish point match but lost 91pts. Oh well I guess I'll just try mixing up the time slices and try different starting times.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    can hit 800 with my team of 90s so your level should be good
  • Just a quick update, thanks again to everyone here for chiming in. I hit 800 in the Most Wanted event the other day. It 's not a big deal for most vets but for me it's a great psychological milestone. I hope to do as well in Season XX. Next milestone is 1000 in PVP!
  • It's tricky but I've actually been able to hit, or very nearly hit 800 using a two star team. I use Classic Storm, Magneto and Thor - all two stars. They're very effective against nearly any team as their abilities combo so well together and can answer nearly anything thrown their way.

The trick though, and this is something you can do with whatever three star team you have - is to save your taco tokens you get from the Deadpool Dailies. Then, when you find a PVP match you like or has covers you really want get as far as you can and when you run out of health packs start using your taco tokens. Chances are you'll get extra health packs after spending only a couple. This will allow you to continue on and now you'll actually be happy when you get a health pack icon_razz.gif.

Doing this today, I was able to hit 799 points on CoverSquirrel before people started smacking me down. Didn't quite hit the 800 mark but with a roster at your level you should have no problems.