Please, Please [TeamUp/Boost UI requests]

Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
2 Requests:

1) Please return the power level to team-ups - forgotten the number of times I have gone in with a level 166 team-up only for it to do less than 1000 damage when I was expecting 4000 odd. At present I have 4 Deadpool Pink Team-Ups - all doing different damage & all level 166.

2) This one more a personal preference - I like the fact that Team-Ups are saved from battle to battle however the same cannot be said for boosts, again, I have lost count of the number of times I have gone against the first node in a PvE facing lv 40 odd enemies with a +2 All colour boost on.

Moderator edit: improved subject line for clarity. -DayvBang

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Druss wrote:
    2 Requests:

1) Please return the power level to team-ups - forgotten the number of times I have gone in with a level 166 team-up only for it to do less than 1000 damage when I was expecting 4000 odd. At present I have 4 Deadpool Pink Team-Ups - all doing different damage & all level 166.

2) This one more a personal preference - I like the fact that Team-Ups are saved from battle to battle however the same cannot be said for boosts, again, I have lost count of the number of times I have gone against the first node in a PvE facing lv 40 odd enemies with a +2 All colour boost on.

1) not sure how you can implement this without making all of the TU's 5/5/5. I check them before I decide to keep them so I don't get those surprises.

2) I get it. I've wasted a number of boosts on prologue heals, loaner nodes for PvE, etc. at the same time, when I'm hopping I don't want to have them disappear EVER. I wish the store would let you buy more than 5 at a time just so I don't have to click that button to add more after a battle. A clear all boosts button would be nice though.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    As Zerokarma said, I'd rather have the boosts automatically reloaded (even if it means that from time to time I will waste them in a silly match) rather than having to manually load them every time during quick hops...
  • ZeroKarma wrote:
    1) not sure how you can implement this without making all of the TU's 5/5/5. I check them before I decide to keep them so I don't get those surprises.

Ares_%28Dark_Avengers%29_Team_Up.png
    Y'know, how they used to be done.
    It was rad.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:

It was rad.

Ah, gotcha! With the rank listed in the lower left. Definitely better. Of course, then you could get a lvl395 Wind Storm, which would be really helpful against Donietsche's maxed out Carnage! icon_lol.gif
  • colwag wrote:
    It was rad.

Umm...why would anyone remove an obviously brilliant and helpful thing like showing the number of covers for a TU power? Because MPQ, that's why. icon_lol.gif
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I'd like to go back to not having rarity cap restrictions on teamups earned from pve. If we have to go against overleveled dark avengers in almost every event, at least let us fight fire with fire.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    They could strip them in prologue or even pve right?
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Teamups, IMO, were never fully integrated into the game's mechanics. They were bolted-on and remain bolted on. Silly stuff like Onslaught, Repulsor Punch, and Smash consuming color AP we well as TU AP are the strongest indicators of this. Combined with the number of times they have been tweaked keeps teamups a complete afterthought. I don't understand how they work ... or are supposed to work. Never use them in PVP, just burn them off in PVE. Free damage, whoohoo.

I had forgotten that they used to have the covers indicated. That was really helpful. They dropped it when they made TUs scale....? I assumed they dropped it because TU didn't have covers anymore, were always 5 covers. Why else would they drop the number...right?

I know I dumped almost all TUs that were less than full power.

If there is a primer on the current state of the TU system, please point me to it

Team ups from alliance requests have the number of covers equal to the player that sent it to you. They scale up to the average of your highest 4 characters or the level of that character on the player that sent it, whichever is higher.
    All teamups are capped to the max level of the character they come from.

From my experience lately, AI team ups are always at 3 covers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's some good info here, but the main part of this thread is the request to the devs to improve the TU display and UI. Moving to Suggestions and Feedback.

• Team ups from alliance requests have the number of covers equal to the player that sent it to you. They scale up to the average of your highest 4 characters or the level of that character on the player that sent it, whichever is higher.
    All teamups are capped to the max level of the character they come from.

From my experience lately, AI team ups are always at 3 covers.

Jack, again, thanks for taking a stab at it.

So I started paying more attn to team ups. From my recent experience, it seems that the AI teamups are scaled in a similar fashion as you noted.

I did just get a 4-cover Mystique Infiltration TU from PVE, so maybe they aren't all at 3 covers, but interesting to note they aren't all at 5 covers. If not all at 5 covers, then we really need the number representing power level back on the TUs!

There was a period in which they were capped, that is you could beat a scaled enemy and still only get a 94/166/270 no matter how strong the enemy had been. I think this is still true ...? I have had some lvl 200+ TUs recently but they were all 4*s, and I don't recall anything over 270...

They appear to be capped unless that particular character is boosted for the specific event in which they are trying to be used.

Direct example - I have IM40, Luke Cage and Venom teamups on hand at the moment. When going to try to use them in the Rocket & Groot event, they are all boosted over max level. Checking the Shield Sim, they are at regular max level. I know with absolute certainty that I won the Venom teamup in a node in which he was level 179. What I received was at level 50.