Deadpool vault change

mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't seen this announced anywhere but I'm fairly certain that now the second slot in the vault is reserved for the 4* node participant, meaning IW is up next after fury. I "reset" my savory vault countless times and she was always there.

So, if this is indeed a new feature of the vault, I'm wondering if you guys like it or not? Or maybe it doesn't matter cause you're not opening tokens until you have 200+ anyway? Just wondering if it'll change anyone's behavior.

Fwiw, I'm in the "only open tacos for health packs" club, and I don't expect that to be any different for the foreseeable future.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a lot of Sues in that spot too. You may be on to something.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    From what I understand, the 4-star occupying that spot will be the required 4-star for the legendary node that week. Last week it was X-force, this week it's Fury and looks like next week will be Invisible Woman.
  • Quebbster
    From what I understand, the 4-star occupying that spot will be the required 4-star for the legendary node that week. Last week it was X-force, this week it's Fury and looks like next week will be Invisible Woman.
    ...isn't that what the OP said?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...isn't that what the OP said?
    Derp. Yeah I can't read.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good thing is, that vault-slot will be reserved for "valuable" 4*'s too in a month or so, unless they remove this "feature" till then.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    The good thing is, that vault-slot will be reserved for "valuable" 4*'s too in a month or so, unless they remove this "feature" till then.
    The only issue with the 2nd vault is it keeps resetting even if you pull a taco. If the 2nd vault would just stay still it might be worth pulling some tokens. Until then hoard away
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    ummm... IW soloing a 270 opponent? Hope you clear your schedule when you start that node, cuz it'll be an hour long match. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    ummm... IW soloing a 270 opponent? Hope you clear your schedule when you start that node, cuz it'll be an hour long match. icon_mrgreen.gif

If she can turn invisible and the tile will have a safe spot, it should not be that hard - unless we get a very un-ideal opponent.
    Or if she has the time 2x field crush.

Elektra will be the trickiest, but probably she will get an opponent who can feed her strike tiles.
  • puppychow wrote:

Can't tell if you're serious, I think it'll be the easiest match we have. 7 blue and 12 green will do about 6k damage for me.

That's not great but combine that with the invisibility you get for 9 yellow (and if your tile gets destroyed you should have 9 more yellow by that time, along with countless shield tiles)

Aoe opponents or boardshakers will give her a mildly hard time, that's about it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    She'll probably be up against somebody with an AOE nuke and board shake...IM40, of all people, would fit the bill pretty well. Don't let him gather blue, or Recharge!
  • The idea of IW turning invisible and just surrounding her tile with force bubbles for protection, while she slowly match damages down the opponent, seems like a really hilariously long and slow match.

I love it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Spencer75 wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Can't tell if you're serious, I think it'll be the easiest match we have. 7 blue and 12 green will do about 6k damage for me.

My IW is 553, in the 100s. So YES it will take ME an hour to 3-match my 270 opponent to death, assuming her yel tile remains intact. Maybe your 355 270 IW will find the match up a piece of cake next week. If so, congrats! icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

If she can turn invisible and the tile will have a safe spot, it should not be that hard - unless we get a very un-ideal opponent.

Elektra will be the trickiest, but probably she will get an opponent who can feed her strike tiles.
    Unless of course she has to fight Dare Devil or Gorgon, then you will need 14 purple to use that ability.
    Profesor X could be tricky if the board is dry of purple and match 5's. The fun will be predicting who will we b facing tomorrow with Fury.
    Fury vs 270 Loki so we can have it easy compared to cyclops. Maybe GSBW as a spy. Maybe the Punisher since Fury does not let him into the Avengers.
  • Xyren
    Xyren Posts: 30
    turul wrote:

My guess is Bullseye who'll feed her those strikes after he drops her, lol.

I do think Elektra will be good solo though, or at least not nearly as harrowing as X-Force vs Cyclops was. Save black for when her enemy is ready to hit her with an ability for easy damage/defense. Much nicer than praying that they don't miracle cascade into those colors to one shot you (not bitter, honest...).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, I have said for a while that Elektra might do well 1v1. Hope I prove right!

Also, I really hope they change the vault contents soon. 300 is still too many items.
  • Quebbster
    My Invisible Woman is at base level and fully covered. Going to have to stockpile as much ISO as I can and se how high it will get her...
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    it should be doom unless they dont want her and reed fighting the same opponent
  • Quebbster
    spectator wrote:
    I'm thinking She-Hulk. Settlement can steal protect tiles, Power of Attorney to deal damage and shake the board, and Furious Charge for extra meanness.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    spectator wrote:

Somebody stated this in another post, but in-story Black Panther can be considered a rival.

.... Of course, they had Magneto go up against Nick Fury, so they might not be going by the story.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Quebbster wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    I'm thinking She-Hulk. Settlement can steal protect tiles, Power of Attorney to deal damage and shake the board, and Furious Charge for extra meanness.

Wasn't She-Hulk also part of the Fantastic Four before? I like your idea of She Hulk being Sue's DDQ rival icon_e_wink.gif