Would they dare make Jessica Jones a 5*?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I mean, she's amazing, and I am a fan, and I am sooooo pumped for her Netflix series, and her interracial family should be very much appreciated and valued since it's very sadly one of THE ONLY ones in all of comic-dom, but still.........

She should be no more than a 3* (meaning even her as a 4* is pushing it).

Comments

• I really would love it if she was a 3*, had complimentary colors to Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and passively generated a strike tile in much the same way Fist and Cage do with attack and protect tiles, respectively. She investigates the enemy and uncovers damaging secrets or something, it'd be perfect!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    From that same book, wouldn't it be interesting to have Purple Man with a Do As You're Told power? Purple Man forces a random enemy team member to use a power against their team mates against their will. Does not consume enemy AP. It'd be a sinister twist on the fastball special.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'd say it would be impossible to make her a 5-star, but then they did make Elektra a 4-star back when everyone was 3-star, so anything is possible by whatever arbitrary rules they use to determine who should be what rarity.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    What's her actual power level as a superpowered person, though? I've read Alias and The Pulse, and it seems that she's got a generic "flying brick" powerset - comparable to Carol Danvers (Ms. / Captain Marvel) but without the energy blasts. That being the case, she would be best suited to the 3* tier - but she'll probably be added as a 4* to align with Demiurge's stated goals for the game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have limited knowledge of the marvel b and c lists, but my understanding is that Jessica Jones has some fairly powerful superpowers, but nothing special or cosmic.

I would guess that she will be a regular mainline release: I.e. a 4* sometime around Nov. 20.

I would think a scarlet witch (classic) is more likely to be released as a 5* than Jessica Jones.

Very interested to see the Netflix series though. Marvel's first real attempt at a female or minority protagonist (sad they haven't done it for the big screen yet, but much better than nothing)
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    She'd be a 4*, if anything, but I'd love her in the game in any form.

The 5* game, from how I interpret things, is the game that they would make if cover purchases never existed. I think they intend to be very careful about which characters and what powers make that list, so that it works as a new tier with a new metagame. It's less about the flavor of the month, and hopefully, given more time and thought in development. Time will tell, however.
  • I enjoyed Alias when it came out long ago, and all of the original issues are still in one of the long boxes throughout the house. May have to go dig those out for a re-read, although if they're on Marvel Unlimited, that may be a lot quicker.

I hope that whatever they make her, I can earn her covers. I'm sure that her PVE will be impossible though. I'm not unemployed, I don't go to school, and I don't have unlimited resources to buy health packs. In Hulk PVE for example, I scored about 107,000. That didn't even get me top 10! I only got 17th! Can you believe it?
    I didn't do the insane grinding, but I did each node 4-5 times and got top 50 for every sub except two (top 10 in one since I had a little extra free time, top 100 in another since I skipped the first two optimal clears).
    I did most of the refreshes (again, missed a few, especially since I knew 70k was in the bag).
    I certainly didn't set any middle of the night alarm clocks though. That's probably my problem. I bet I would have done better with that. I'll have to step up my game for Jessica Jones.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    I enjoyed Alias when it came out long ago, and all of the original issues are still in one of the long boxes throughout the house. May have to go dig those out for a re-read, although if they're on Marvel Unlimited, that may be a lot quicker.

I hope that whatever they make her, I can earn her covers. I'm sure that her PVE will be impossible though. I'm not unemployed, I don't go to school, and I don't have unlimited resources to buy health packs. In Hulk PVE for example, I scored about 107,000. That didn't even get me top 10! I only got 17th! Can you believe it?
    I didn't do the insane grinding, but I did each node 4-5 times and got top 50 for every sub except two (top 10 in one since I had a little extra free time, top 100 in another since I skipped the first two optimal clears).
    I did most of the refreshes (again, missed a few, especially since I knew 70k was in the bag).
    I certainly didn't set any middle of the night alarm clocks though. That's probably my problem. I bet I would have done better with that. I'll have to step up my game for Jessica Jones.

You're doing forum all wrong. Everything is supposed to be an apocalyptic event with no true sense of proportion. Everything is the worse ever, nothing done to improve the game in the past counts now, and mpq is life.

I'll help you this time, but next time, we expect you to adhere to genuine forum decorum.

You hit every optimal, ground every node to 0. At work, you used the bathroom for long periods to do clears. At home, you neglected your wife, garden, and social life (but you didn't neglect your beer, we're not animals after all). You set your alarm to not miss clears and got up at 3am to stay competitive. In the end, after spending a Stark or two on health packs and boosts, you were cheated by game crashes and ai miracle cascades and got 17th; thus, wasting your entire week. You then threaten to quit for the third time this week because this game is just a cash grab.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I think it's obvious the stars are just a necessary balance thing in the game and don't represent the characters powers in the comic book at all. No way characters like Black Widow, Punisher and Storm or Sentry are in the same category otherwise.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    I enjoyed Alias when it came out long ago, and all of the original issues are still in one of the long boxes throughout the house. May have to go dig those out for a re-read, although if they're on Marvel Unlimited, that may be a lot quicker.
    They recently got added to Comixology, but will probably never make it to Marvel Unlimited due to their "mature readers" rating.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I mean, she's amazing, and I am a fan, and I am sooooo pumped for her Netflix series, and her interracial family should be very much appreciated and valued since it's very sadly one of THE ONLY ones in all of comic-dom, but still.........

She should be no more than a 3* (meaning even her as a 4* is pushing it).

Dude, they're still releasing 4*s. The 5*s already slated are selected, planned, designed. Deal.

"Dude", if you've got such a bug up your bum about me, why don't you just be mature and add me to your block list? lol. This is the first time I have EVER actually addressed you, yet you've been catty with me / towards me for over a week, now. Yeesh.

EDIT = and that goes for ANY / ALL members who have personal issues with other members, on here. That is, unless ya'll get your jollies off of following people from thread to thread to mock or make fun of them......but, there's no way that THOSE are your cases, cuz you'd be warned and then banned, correct?

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    A gentle reminder of forum rules:

D3PADMIN wrote:
    5. Treat your fellow users kindly. We will not tolerate any of the following:

a. Trolling, or posting something just to get a rise out of someone.

b. Flaming, or insulting / bashing / harassing another user.

c. Posting offensive material. This includes anything that could be considered racially, religiously, or sexually demeaning or insulting. Posting a link to material of this nature is equally forbidden.

d. Offensive or profane forum user names.

e. Posting threatening material of any kind.

f. Acting like a jerk.

Please, if someone's post on the forum irritates you, the best thing to do is to disengage. What might feel like a running gag may in fact be harassment from another perspective. Rehashing old threads in new, unrelated topics (unrelated other than who posted them, at least) is neither cool nor permitted.
  • Dayv
    On an unrelated note, this really ought to be in character speculation/discussion. I'll leave it in general another day for more people to see the rules reminder.