How to get a clean install?

TheLoveBandit
TheLoveBandit Posts: 9
A year ago I started MPQ with an account tied to a matching facebook acct on my iPhone. I ditched that username within a week, and started a new account tied to a new facebook acct. For the course of the year, I got messages of 'Conflict Found' and asked if I wish to restore from save. I suspected it was trying to save that throw away from a year ago so I always said "Cancel". I could still share rewards to fb friends, but I could never receive any. Last week I didn't hit cancel (clicking thru too fast) and was enraged as I watched it wipe out a year of progress by restoring my throw away account having 10 one-star characters total.

I'm working through emails with support to restore my lost account. Step one is to create a new username. Unfortunately my device is confused on what account it has. I have gone to both fb accounts and removed the MPQ app so the device won't try to save or restore from either at this point. I have removed and re-installed the MPQ app multiple times, and each time it reloads the year old WRONG user account.

How can I get a clean install such that I can create a new username and have my lost account restored to that? I'm on an iPhone with iOS 8.1.4

I realize I could just have the lost account restored over my current year old WRONG account, but that's not the username I wish to go forward with.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you still working with customer support?
  • DayvBang - yes, still working with support, but its a slow process given I can check emails late in my afternoon so it's one small step each day at best. That's why I'd asked here if I can shortcut any of the steps on my side with input from the forum.

OJSP - Thanks, I didn't realize they could change the username once I got back up. I'll see if I can work with them on that.

All responses are appreciated, thank you.

No advice from anyone, however, on how to delete the app and re-install in such a way that allows me to create a new username?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    No advice from anyone, however, on how to delete the app and re-install in such a way that allows me to create a new username?
    I'd love to help, but am afraid to lose my data in verifying my suggestions work. icon_e_confused.gif Sorry.