Keep 5* 1 v 3

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
When I first joined the forums back in February my first post was the 5* Proposal: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=21&t=24227

I stated the 5* could be more like boss battles and would be 1v3. The point of this is, it made sense to make a 5* 1 v 3, and the demo node for the new Season proves this as I just witnessed Silver Surfer demolish fully leveled 4*'s with simple match-damage: Hulkbuster, Jean Grey and.. I forgot the third (not that it matters)

With that said, why should a 5* be accompanied with another two characters, or even better, will we be able to have a team of three 5*s?!

The high health and match damage alone is enough to easily destroy 4*'s so why give them two partners? Sure, you might buff the 4*'s as you stated but then you're making the game difficult for the 3* players, so would you buff the 3* tier as well? Or will we be in the situation where we have another Character Level Shift like back in July 2014: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=13&t=10736

I realize that the 5*'s will be difficult to obtain but they will also be difficult to defeat once a few players get ahold of them, and like the saying goes.. "the rich get richer" or "the strong get stronger."

I am not complaining, I'm just more curious about the future more than anything.

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    if you use icon_silversurfer.png you should definitely NOT be allowed 2 more characters. Regardless of his level. He needs a nerf, bad.
  • I was just saying this to my teammates today! I agree whole heartedly
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    SS is crazy. That demo showed it pretty clearly.

I'm sure I won't see many of them for a while... but it's clear that he destroys the 4* tier easily
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    if you use icon_silversurfer.png you should definitely NOT be allowed 2 more characters. Regardless of his level. He needs a nerf, bad.

Really, two more characters feel redundant at that point.
    If you can have a demo where the new character goes up against the best three 4*s the game has and utterly destroy them 90% of the time that character does not need support.