I thought node dificulty decreased if you lost

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just got my butt handed to me by Bullseye + Hood and watched the difficulty scale up 10 levels or so immediately following the defeat.

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Just got my butt handed to me by Bullseye + Hood and watched the difficulty scale up 10 levels or so immediately following the defeat.

I just wiped to the Jugs + 2 Muscle node (A Tree Groots in New York), and the levels afterward were completely unchanged. I was hoping they might go down by a couple, but nope, I get to face mega-headbutts again. Yay.....
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    As part of the anti tanking code the system appears to use batches of battles to make adjustments.

When you saw your levels jump, you might have played the last battle in that batch, winning the other battles decisively.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

I think it depends if your team had higher levels than the enemy. I tend to do all the easy nodes with my least leveled characters such as 3* Bullseye (plus he's fun) and I play that team until they are completely dead, like Hood Twin Pistoling my face. I haven't noticed my nodes difficulty decreasing but it isn't increasing either.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Youre funny. Nodes dont go down. Losing just means you need harder opponents.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Putting Legendary tokens as progression rewards just incentivizes people who despise PVE and quit playing it long ago due to its god awful nature to come back and re-hate PVE all over again.

Moral of the story is, if you hated PVE before, you will REALLY hate it now!!