It's time to nerf Hulkbuster.

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just saying... this weekend I spent HP to buy his fifth red cover.
Today I get my fifth black from a Heroic token.
He's 5/5/2 and level 250 now, so he's definitely competitive now... which probably means he'll be hit with the nerf bat soon. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    He's 5/5/2 and level 250 now, so he's definitely competitive now... which probably means he'll be hit with the nerf bat soon. icon_lol.gif

Enjoy your HB icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Enjoy your HB icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I will while I can. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Please stand at the back of the line of max fistbusters that seem to enjoy whaling on me in PvP.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Too true, get ready for 200 damage per red ap icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think they are nerfing anymore, now they are making direct counters and 5*s
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that Ice-Man is pretty much a hard counter to him as Jean was to Prof X, I wouldn't be too worried.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Splarne wrote:
    Please stand at the back of the line of max fistbusters that seem to enjoy whaling on me in PvP.

nobody enjoys a hard fisting
  • When was the last time they actually nerfed a character post release?
  • When was the last time they actually nerfed a character post release?

xforce and GoT come to mind. and it happened at a time when that was the predominant pair in pvp.

does that mean jean and hb are on the watch list as being "outside the power band" for 4 stars as was the developers argument at the time for nerfing xforce/got?? is there a watch list anymore or are they just too busy making new characters?? will any characters ever be buffed or nerfed again?? who knows, everything seems to be last minute decisions with these guys and there really doesnt seem to be any plan other than going "look, look a new character!!"
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    didn't they slightly stealth-nerf jean greys ability to remove enemy special tiles just a few weeks ago?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    cyineedsn wrote:
    didn't they slightly stealth-nerf jean greys ability to remove enemy special tiles just a few weeks ago?

No, they claimed that was always what it did, but it just wasn't clear in the description.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:

Man, I hope they don't nerf Starlord too... I just managed to get him fully covered, my first 4* fully covered...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L wrote:

Man, I hope they don't nerf Starlord too... I just managed to get him fully covered, my first 4* fully covered...

I am so sorry for your loss!

I don't think imhb is going to get nerfed anytime soon. He is very good, but can be beaten by many other teams. Characters are only op when they require themselves to beat themselves.

Additionaly, the plan is to bump up all 4*s once the 5* tier is more established. So I don't expect any needs before that. Imhb might be less buffed than other 4*s, but that's a ways off what ever they do. . .
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Hulkbuster is pretty overpowered, but not to the same extent that X-force, Thoria, Sentry, etc., were in their primes. Hopefully not enough to bring the wrath of the devs' clumsy nerfhammer upon him.
  • notamutant wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:
    No, they claimed that was always what it did, but it just wasn't clear in the description.
    Argue all you want, from "all enemy tiles" to the current is a nerf but we will never know which was the correct one for sure, just that if it worked as it said it would be way too strong.

Also, my HB is 453 and I'm only isoing him now. I'm. Enjoying the easier pve, hard to believe it will get much, much better still.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    fmftint wrote:
    I don't think they are nerfing anymore, now they are making direct counters and 5*s

Shhh!!!! Don't ruin D3's sales of direct cover purchases!

Sure, HB is still useful. Especially against Iceman's pink ability. icon_twisted.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know aesth,

The hard nerfs were mostly all necessary (rags could win the game with 2so and never let the other team make a turn, spidey could stun-lock forever, sentry could win any PvP match in 30 seconds with boosts). All of those broke the meta. Thorverine was a bit different. They were actually weak in defense. The problem was you needed at least one of the two to reliably beat them. And 4*s were so hard to get that the only way to excel at the game was to already be at the top.
    Many of those characters were just needed too hard (presumably just so the devs could be sure) and never fixed (because there is always new content to prepare)

Weekly boosts also solve a lot of nerf problems. Cyclops by himself is strong. Boosted he is better than man 4*s. But because the boost doesn't last, he doesn't break the meta. So even though imhb is very powerful, there are usually several combinations in each weekly boosted set that beat him. That makes powerful characters less damaging to the meta.
  • Re-living the xforce nerf through HB is not my idea of fun. Driving a 4* to 240+ takes time and/or money, so when that character gets nerfed months later, pitch forks understandably come out. HP/ISO compensation is also no where near enough to help you forget months worth of work building that character.
    Unlike pre-nerf XF, I do not see HB in every single match I play above 900 in pvp due in large parts to boosted 3*s and a diversified 4* roster.
    I don't think a nerf is needed.
  • I don't think it is necessary to nerf Hulkbuster.

Reason being he's only really dangerous once his black goes off. Which means you just need to take out fist (who'll probably be his partner in crime) and the rest is history.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    When was the last time they actually nerfed a character post release?

Last 2 chars to be nerfed post-release were IF and Mystique. Right around the time ProX came out icon_e_wink.gif

Oh, and 2* Mags.

I wouldn't consider Moonstone's adjustment a nerf.