Bug with Silver Surfer Black Hole

hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
I just played the Season XIX demo thing with Silver Surfer. When I used his black hole, I placed it in "the middle" of a 4-in-a-row. On the computer's turn, it tried to go for the 4-in-a-row (you could see the tile highlight), but couldn't because the black hole was locked. However, it still counted that as the computer's turn and gave it back to me. Granted, this is a hard bug to abuse because the hole keeps eating and prevents the situation from re-occuring, but still, pretty sure it's a bug that the computer doesn't seem to perceive the tile as locked.

Comments

• Phraeg
    Phraeg Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    SS is capable of making board matchless by placing the black hole awkwardly.

8GtkPcyl.png

It even suggests an illegal move.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty shocking bug, to be honest. I know we're not facing surfers everywhere, but a non-progression bug like this should be a top priority.
  • Alasca
    Alasca Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I placed the black hole in a spot which turned out to be my only spot where I could make a match. The board wasnt shaken after that, so I had to retire.
    http://imgur.com/sbPHT5N
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    There is also the bug that Silver Surfer's black hole doesn't die when he does, so it keeps doing damage and gathering AP even after he's downed.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    There is also the bug that Silver Surfer's black hole doesn't die when he does, so it keeps doing damage and gathering AP even after he's downed.
    That could be intentional, similar to attack, strike, and protect tiles not going away with their creator. I'm not saying it is intentional, just that it could be.

It would be interesting to stun a Silver Surfer who lacks blue and see if the black hole pauses like a countdown.
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    Bump. I too have observed the AI missing its turn because it tried to do a match-3 into the black hole.
  • Buret0
    Me too.

There's really three big bugs I've seen:

1) AI tries to do a match four into a black hole and passes the turn when it fails;
    2) Black Hole stays open after Surfer dies; and
    3) Moonstone is able to move the black hole using gravity warp.

While the third is unlikely to come up often, it is still a bug.
  • On that season match I was surprised that my black hole went away with a 4tilematch with teamuptiles in that row. I thought the black hole tile couldn't be destroyed in any way.

Seems like the surfer has a few bugs within his *bag* icon_e_wink.gif

I'm glad Marvelfamily's Surfer is skilled with red, and not black. icon_cool.gif
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    On that season match I was surprised that my black hole went away with a 4tilematch with teamuptiles in that row. I thought the black hole tile couldn't be destroyed in any way.

Seems like the surfer has a few bugs within his *bag* icon_e_wink.gif

I'm glad Marvelfamily's Surfer is skilled with red, and not black. icon_cool.gif

The ability only says that the black hole "cannot be matched and does not fall." So it can be destroyed in other ways, e.g. row/column destruction (e.g. from a match-4), random tile destruction (e.g. Jugg green), and unconfirmed but likely: targeted tile destruction (e.g. Captain America red or blue, and maybe Invisible Woman tile locking?)
  • Buret0
    DayvBang wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    That could be intentional, similar to attack, strike, and protect tiles not going away with their creator. I'm not saying it is intentional, just that it could be.

It would be interesting to stun a Silver Surfer who lacks blue and see if the black hole pauses like a countdown.

It pauses when he's airborne.