Four Stars and the Vault

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I've posted about the Vault before, but that was before the introduction of the new Legendary Tokens.

Now I have a new recommendation.

Now that 4*s are "more attainable," may we have a Vault that also reflects this?

By my calculations, we have the possibility to obtain a Legendary Token every 3 days during a PVP, one every 4-7 days depending on how long the PVE event is (but I'll estimate that one as one every 5 days), and one every 5 days for the Deadpool Daily match-up (which I will not go into since it was a pretty hot topic here a few days ago.)

If you calculate it out, you have the _potential_ to earn 0.6 Legendary tokens a day! Of course, not everybody is up to those competition standards (I did the PVE and the Deadpool, but not the PVP). That is a great step forward!

But please take it one step further. Since we can earn 0.6 tokens a day (max), would you please increase the Vault earnings as well? With one/two star characters only really required for intro players, regular heroic tokens should have that covered. I earn two of those a day and since I rarely ever get a 3* from heroics, the standard and heroic tokens should be sufficient to earn those rewards for newer players. And I can count on one hand the number of 3/4*s I've gotten from heroic tokens in the last month.

That being said, increase the number of 4*s in the Vault to 30. That gives a 10% chance of gaining a 4* through taco tokens. Keeping only 1 (or 2?) legendary per Vault is fine, I guess, but you have 10 chances at a 0.3% pull. And overall, 10 chances at a 1% pull for a 4* in general. Cut those 2*s out entirely, or halve them at least, and decrease med packs, and increase 3 and 4*s. Since 3*s also seem to be a thing of the past, it is arguable that those even need to be in there, but I understand that not everyone is almost cover maxed for all the 3*s out there and may need them! icon_e_smile.gif

Anyway, to make a long story short, please reflect the Vault to include the new 4* standards.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure 30 4* items in the vault is the right number, but I definitely agree that it could stand to be increased. Alternatively, the vault size could be decreased, removing a disproportionate number of the 2* rewards in the process.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually think, we need to replace all the 4*s in the vault with Legendary Tokens.

I know, this may un-intentionally add some 5*s, but the first page of the vault is so incredibly hard to pull anything from, that when it is one of the 2 covers in all of 4* land you do not need.. and out of the 3 there, the only one you don't need... it is like a slap.

Also, i have the gambling spirit.. i love tokens, i love waiting to see what pops up.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually really enjoyed it when they played around with the smaller Vault several months back. I actually redeemed a bunch of saved HP in order to buy the discounted 10-pack for that Vault. It was also how I _finally_ got my Star Lord cover.

To DayvBang's point, I'm all for reducing the numbers of items in the Vault, as long as the percentages are reflected to better represent the total pool of characters.

There is now:

Overall Class Distribution:
    5* = 1 1.25%
    4* = 17 (not including Ice-Man) 21.25%
    3* = 40 50%
    2* = 14 17.5%
    1* = 8 10%
    (80 total characters)

And the rewards in the Vault:

4* = 3 covers, 1 HP, 3 Iso = 7 Total (2.3%)
    3* = 34 covers, 12 HP = 46 Total (15.3%)
    2* = 30 Iso, 45 Med, 172 covers = 247 Total (82.3%)

All I'm saying is there is a disproportionate amount of covers represented in the Vault. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Malcrof wrote:
    I actually think, we need to replace all the 4*s in the vault with Legendary Tokens.

I know, this may un-intentionally add some 5*s, but the first page of the vault is so incredibly hard to pull anything from, that when it is one of the 2 covers in all of 4* land you do not need.. and out of the 3 there, the only one you don't need... it is like a slap.

Also, i have the gambling spirit.. i love tokens, i love waiting to see what pops up.
    I like this idea. Right now I'm hoarding my taco tokens for the first time because I don't need any of the 4* that showed up in it and I don't need any of the featured 3* characters either. My chances of actually drawing a needed cover are even lower than usual.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    DayvBang wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I like this idea. Right now I'm hoarding my taco tokens for the first time because I don't need any of the 4* that showed up in it and I don't need any of the featured 3* characters either. My chances of actually drawing a needed cover are even lower than usual.

Do they not expire when the 5 days are up? Since the vault rotates between Sweet and Savory, I figured you had to use them or lose them.
  • Dayv
    VazzVegas wrote:
    Do they not expire when the 5 days are up? Since the vault rotates between Sweet and Savory, I figured you had to use them or lose them.
    Nope, but you don't want to use them on the off-week because each one draws from a new, 300-item vault.

Some people are saving up 100 of them because at that point your odds of getting the desired cover from a given vault get really good, but no way will I wait that long.
  • I agree with the sentiment for a smaller vault. I'd love to see a 100 item vault with a higher percentage of worthwhile rewards.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    DayvBang wrote:
    VazzVegas wrote:
    Nope, but you don't want to use them on the off-week because each one draws from a new, 300-item vault.

Some people are saving up 100 of them because at that point your odds of getting the desired cover from a given vault get really good, but no way will I wait that long.

Thanks for that. I'm thinking of holding onto the next few because my last pull was a Nick Fury icon_e_biggrin.gif and I doubt ill get another good thing from this vault.