Hulk green. Again?

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hulk green as progression. How many hulk green covers do you think we need. It maxes at five covers. Five lol! Ok I felt sorry for you all yesterday as forum rage was well harsh but.. sympathy revoked! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    This is not meant as a complaint mainly a question since I only starting playing PVE again after playing PVP exclusively for a long long time because of legendary tokens. Shouldn't Hulk's black cover be the 3* progression award for meet rocket and Groot instead of green since black was the top 3* prize for the current PVE, or do the rewards for PVE not work the same as PVP where the 2-5 prize is the progression cover next event?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes the middle cover ends up as the progression reward instead of the top one, in both PvE and PvP.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I agree. We have too many Hulk Greens.

I think the fairest solution would be to allow us to exchange a green Hulk cover for a red Sentry cover.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Not everyone has been playing long enough to have played five Hulk events.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:

Maybe not, but there has obviously been the chance of adding multiple Hulk covers this week, so why couldn't they have picked something else for that reward.

Given the name of the event, an obvious candidate would seem to be Rocket and Groot themselves.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild wrote:

And those people would also need red and black covers. Which is kind of the point here icon_e_wink.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    really could used black
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

Maybe not, but there has obviously been the chance of adding multiple Hulk covers this week, so why couldn't they have picked something else for that reward.

Given the name of the event, an obvious candidate would seem to be Rocket and Groot themselves.

Hmmm...misread op, thought we were talking about the node in the Hulk event where you get his green for an easy match.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

And those people would also need red and black covers. Which is kind of the point here icon_e_wink.gif

This has been an ongoing discussion for a while now. Would newer players be better off with an even spread of covers for a given character, so in this instance Hulk, or would they be better off with the chance to focus on a single colour? Not just newer players really I guess even those who have been playing a while would benefit more by rewards focusing on a single character for a small period of time, especially the newer characters like Cyclops.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to understand this.. are people really complaining about a free cover/500iso? Or are you complaining that you are getting too many covers? You do realize that this is making you sound like Dudley Dursley..

Simple solution, instead of getting covers or 500iso for selling it, just skip the nodes/events!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've already said they use RNG to determine cover rewards. No logic, just RNG.

I think they should also use the RNG to determine the color of the free cover given in the PVE node for Hulk and Sentry as well. Why use it everywhere else but there?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    They've already said they use RNG to determine cover rewards. No logic, just RNG.

I think they should also use the RNG to determine the color of the free cover given in the PVE node for Hulk and Sentry as well. Why use it everywhere else but there?
    Yeah, this. I'm closing in on 300 days, and have probably acquired 8 or more Hulk greens in that time. At least 3 from Hulk events, 2 or 3 from DDQ, etc. But his black? Just 2, both from DDQ. It left a bit of a sour taste to see that his black was the T5 reward for the event, and that his green is progression in R&G. I'll be a year getting 5 black at this rate, and in the meantime I'll be able to build a second Hulk with 5 green.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Trying to understand this.. are people really complaining about a free cover/500iso? Or are you complaining that you are getting too many covers? You do realize that this is making you sound like Dudley Dursley..

Simple solution, instead of getting covers or 500iso for selling it, just skip the nodes/events!

You can't skip that node and still progress in PVE Hulk, at least on this last run. And that's also not what is being discussed. The concern is that after the guaranteed hulk green from PVE Hulk, the 3 star progression for Rocket and Groot is ALSO hulk green.

I don't mind, because that will bring me to 5 green, but still, can see the concern.
  • Yup, having 5 greenflag.png and being stuck on 1 blackflag.png and 0 redflag.png Hulk isn't really useful icon_razz.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Revebski wrote:
    Yup, having 5 greenflag.png and being stuck on 1 blackflag.png and 0 redflag.png Hulk isn't really useful icon_razz.gif
    man I was just like that for soooo long. down to needing 1 black. only 5 weeks away in ddq.... because odds are I won't see it before then.