Slighty Rant, Slighty confused about the pvp point this time

JD Geek
JD Geek Posts: 80
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I just finished up trying to get a kingpin cover from the Women of Marvel PVP. Was sitting at 981 or 982. Lined up a new fight, spent a hundred ISO or so cycling to get a victim who was not too hard, but worth enough points. Found one at 36 points. More than enough and as I just cycled to him unlikely to drop too far. Won the fight. Worth 11 pts. Then got hit twice before I could win the next one. End result No cover.

Not sure what else I could have done to make sure he was actually worth enough points. icon_e_sad.gif

Just venting but I thought that was a dramatic change of points in one fight. He would have had to have dropped hundreds of points in that time.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    JD Geek wrote:
    Not sure what else I could have done to make sure he was actually worth enough points. icon_e_sad.gif
    Clear your queue.

For god's sake, can a mod please sticky one of these threads? They're like f'ing tribbles...
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I feel ya. I was at 1273 and cycled to find someone without JG worth over 30. Was doing it like 20 min before breaking shield so it would be mostly accurate. Found someone worth 42 and broke shield at 6 min to go....won pretty quickly due to cascades....was only worth 16. Boosted to get in another match.....finished seconds after the end. Like I watched my computer clock update as the final cascade ended the match. F me.

I get why the point system is the way it is, and that there really isnt anything better (saying just have it reflect the actual points, or award what is shown is NOT an answer....there are loopholes there). Oh well, thats the MPQ life.
  • simonsez wrote:
    JD Geek wrote:
    Clear your queue.

For god's sake, can a mod please sticky one of these threads? They're like f'ing tribbles...
    What Simonsez said is, when you skip the game sends a bunch of targets all at once, you need to cycle through them a few times, seeing the same guys over and over, and then when you skipped all the cache the game sends a new group of targets. You can get a few of the same, maybe only one or two different, but the updated score for them is sent all at once. This is also how people sometimes double or triple tap someone who is alredy shielded.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    JD Geek wrote:
    Clear your queue.

What Simonsez said is, when you skip the game sends a bunch of targets all at once, you need to cycle through them a few times, seeing the same guys over and over, and then when you skipped all the cache the game sends a new group of targets. You can get a few of the same, maybe only one or two different, but the updated score for them is sent all at once. This is also how people sometimes double or triple tap someone who is alredy shielded.

I thought I had, but I guess spending a few hundred iso wasn't enough. How much do I need to cycle? 25? 50?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    JD Geek wrote:

I thought I had, but I guess spending a few hundred iso wasn't enough. How much do I need to cycle? 25? 50?

You very well may have. In the offseason, quite a few people go full Geronimo after hitting a progression. So you may have found someone who just hit 1000, or at least in the last 10-15 minutes, and then left themselves unshielded.

By the time you beat them, they dropped 200+ points, because everyone else found them too.

That's full on "tinykitty happens."
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    the problem with the off-season event, is that not many people would shield after reaching their intended target progression reward. So, any saved nodes would have a higher chance of quickly becoming stale..
    Absolutely correct. These off-season events are where coordinating is pretty much essential at higher scores, since I'd never trust anything I have queued for later, unless I know the person and know they're not dumping points.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    JD Geek wrote:

You very well may have. In the offseason, quite a few people go full Geronimo after hitting a progression. So you may have found someone who just hit 1000, or at least in the last 10-15 minutes, and then left themselves unshielded.

By the time you beat them, they dropped 200+ points, because everyone else found them too.

That's full on "tinykitty happens."

Yes, your queue was probably clear at that point, the person was just falling dramatically after hitting their goal with no shield.

On the other hand, sometimes it seems like I need to restart the game to get my queue to actually clear, so who knows.
  • JD Geek wrote:
    If there arent enough/other targets at that time, then you could use 100k ISO skipping and find only the very same targets. You have to do it while shielded and give time for others to unshield if you want them queued.