increased 4* pull rate in tokens - a question for ice/red

TxMoose
TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't been able to locate where it was said, but somewhere I read that for next season token pull rates were being adjusted. no details given but generally 4*s were indicated to have increasing % on the pull rates. for icex or any red (or anyone who knows), will this be applied to all tokens across the board, including event tokens? and if so, will it be applied to post-event tokens? been saving my heroics once I heard that rates were increasing but I've been pulling my event tokens (at a horrible personal draw rate lately), but just realized, hey, that could mean those are increasing too.

if you get a chance to respond, thanks.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been saving all my event tokens and would also like an answer for this. I know Hulk tokens should get the 4* increase because it will happen before the end of that event, but will stockpiled PvE or PvP tokens also be affected?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice's replies have not mentioned event packs, only heroics. However, the original transcript of the video says this:
    Will - So you've seen some changes along those lines. For example, there's a bump to the 4-Star drop rate in Heroic packs and Event packs a couple of months back. We'll be doing that again at the start of Season XIX, but there's also more big changes coming to that.
  • CrookedKnight
    Event tokens always track the 2*/3*/4* percentages (and, back when that was a thing, vaulted characters) in the Heroic odds pool, and decoupling them would be a major change that would make event tokens less valuable than heroics. I really doubt that's what's happening.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event tokens always track the 2*/3*/4* percentages (and, back when that was a thing, vaulted characters) in the Heroic odds pool, and decoupling them would be a major change that would make event tokens less valuable than heroics. I really doubt that's what's happening.
    I figured that but wondering if the bump will be applied to post-event tokens as well. if so, I've wasted a bunch of tokens this last week, but will have a handful.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    I don't think this will be a big rate increase, but I think it will be across the board.

I suspect that adding the latest 4*a to the token pool would make the individual 4* pull rate (even more) comically small, maybe even .1% with rounding. So the rates will probably stay flat, but falcon and fantastic will be added in at the same rate. And since this is an adjustment of the baseline drop rates upon which the event tokens are based, I expect an across-the-board shift.

That's just my speculation, so take it fwiw.
  • CrookedKnight
    Yeah, they'll definitely be updated eventually, but it would be good to hear directly from the source if it'll all happen at once. I can wait for Thursday to pull all these tokens, I'm not sure I can wait for the next run of Heavy Metal etc.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I'm already holding heroic tokens and legendary tokens, might as well hold onto the rest. The offseason is rough on people who don't like having that little number in the corner.

f7feb831-8111-4054-bd8d-9c2a657cbf80_zpsmcupt3sm.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not certain, but I think in the past they said that event token odds are the same as the last time they were run. If this is true, you need to hold event tokens until the event makes it back around (about two months) to get improved odds.