1v1 Training Mode

W4LAndre
W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
In the aftermath of the 4* DDQ 1v1 fight, I was toying around with some ideas of how to better prepare. After reading as many posts as I could about the topic over the last day, it seems like one of the common issues that many people were having was that they weren't prepared for it and did not entirely know what to expect. Those of us here on the forums had an idea of what was coming as far as it being a "difficult" 1v1 4* essential, but it seems that a lot of us were caught off guard with just how challenging it was. I like the advice offered by those who did beat it, I myself posted in one of the early threads on the topic what I did and how I was able to succeed. To me, it comes down to a 1v1 fight being unlike anything we have really ever seen before and it required a different style of play than we were used to, except for that brief period where one of the patches screwed up the character selection and you could actually choose to only bring one character, but even then it was 1v3, as well as potentially the 1*DDQ if you go it alone with Juggs like me, but that hardly counts as challenging. That being said, I came up with what I think may be a decent way of helping players to prepare for what is coming on day 5 of DDQ.

The basics of this would be a series of 1v1 fights that sync up with the first 4 days of a DDQ cycle. They would not be a part of DDQ, just reset after day 5 to keep things in line. None of these battles would take place on day 5 since that is when the 4* DDQ essential is and you could put all of your time and resources into that. Basically, each day, a new 1v1 battle is available that lets you choose anyone on your roster, (ideally you'd choose the next 4* who will be essential in DDQ in order to practice and work out strategies) but you could have the option to run it with anyone if you wanted to, so as to not prevent anyone from playing. The opponents would be at a set level, and would not scale with individual rosters. They would probably not quite as hard as the day 5 DDQ, maybe increasing in difficulty each day in order to allow players to get a feel for what they can go up against, or perhaps all at the same level to get a more across the board feel. Maybe day 4 could be very close in difficulty to the DDQ battle to really help players get a feel for if they can handle it. Each of the battles could be against a different style of character so you know what you could go up against. Maybe one day is a stealer like Hood, an annoyance like Spiderman, a cheap damage dealer/healer like Daken, a volatile tank like Hulk, and so on. As long as there are a variety in the opponents so you can have an understanding of what kind of opponent you can take in a 1v1 situation. It could be set up exactly like the 4* DDQ battle will be, for example, if you can't use teamups in DDQ, then you could not use them in this. If you want to use your boosts, feel free, but if you'd rather save them, that's up to you since it seems like they are going to be damn near essential in these DDQ battles. It could be non competitive with a single reward per node, but they could be replayable for more practice, and I guess you'd have to get the dreaded 20 iso for replays (or maybe reward precious boosts) but at least you'd get the single reward each time and you wouldn't be getting 20 iso instead of other good ones. I was thinking something along the lines of day 1= 100 iso, day 2=250, day 3=250, and day 4=500, or if they are feeling generous it could go 100,250,500,1000 since we all need it and I doesn't seem that direct iso purchases are really that popular. Plus this would only equate to 1850 extra per 5 days if you could beat them all, which is hardly detrimental to the economy.

If they wanted to have some in-universe fun with it, they could have it be Punisher based, since in the game and in the comics he has a more or less go it alone attitude, and his PVP is called Army of One so it would kind of make sense thematically.

These are just my thoughts on trying to make the game better. I know that I don't have the 4* roster to complete all of the upcoming 4* DDQ's, but I'm sure there are plenty out there like me who would like to have a way to work on 1v1 strategies against difficult opponents in preparation for day 5. It may help some who wouldn't normally even try the day 5 1v1 be confident and prepared enough to give it a shot. My apologies for the length, I try to be thorough. If anyone actually reads this, feel free to comment and make suggestions. I feel that something like this would be pretty well received by the community as a whole and could result in less frustration come day 5.

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    That idea sounds like a really good suggestion to try & help players with under covered & under levelled star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters get some trial & error attempts going before DDQ Legendary Day. icon_cool.gif

It would also be very cool to get more of those 1 vs 1 challenges going just for the fun of it anyway.

Good thinking mate! icon_mrgreen.gif