Confirmed: Silver Surfer does not affect scaling

mindsuckr
mindsuckr Posts: 154
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/3l1ded/so_does_anyone_here_actually_have_silver_surfer/cv2d69w

Talking to someone on Reddit who pulled Silver Surfer and his highest char is lvl 100. He checked his nodes pre and post recruitment, and the levels stayed exactly the same. I know in the Line Q&A they said SS would not affect scaling, but it's nice to see an actual confirmation.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mindsuckr wrote:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/3l1ded/so_does_anyone_here_actually_have_silver_surfer/cv2d69w

Talking to someone on Reddit who pulled Silver Surfer and his highest char is lvl 100. He checked his nodes pre and post recruitment, and the levels stayed exactly the same. I know in the Line Q&A they said SS would not affect scaling, but it's nice to see an actual confirmation.

I believe SS would only affect scaling is if the player consistently used SS to beat nodes. As long as the player does not frequently use SS in PVE then their scaling will remain the same. I believe I read this from IceIX somewhere.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Initial scaling is set at the beginning of an event. Mid event only performance alters scaling.

I suggest pulling out the party favors after the next event starts.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Moral wrote:
    Initial scaling is set at the beginning of an event. Mid event only performance alters scaling.

This exactly - you won't be able to tell the impact until the next PVE while having SS in your roster.

If the devs went to the trouble of writing the code necessary to omit 5* from scaling I'll be pleasantly surprised. While it shouldn't be THAT hard, this strikes me as something that wouldn't typically register on their "more awesome" scale to spend time on when adding all the other code to make 5* work.

If this is true, then awesome, but it can't really be tested until the next PVE.
  • Moral wrote:

And as has been stated many, many times, including by devs - Your roster does not affect your initial scaling in anything except Gauntlet.

You can have 6 maxed 4* on your roster, and if you only ever do PVE with 1&2*, you're not going to be facing the same level opponents as someone with 6 maxed 4* who used them to clear every single node, or the player who used winfinite to clear every node and took 0 damage doing it.

There have been some great PVE players who have posted (Colog, Bee) who have posted how they keep their scaling down - use low level characters against low level opponents, don't use the 'broken' teams until you absolutely have to for speed on a final clear.

Damage proportional to your characters will affect scaling. So on a character with 10k health, taking 500 damage is not much. Taking that same 500 damage on a character with 1k health, is a much bigger percentage. Let's assume the game is looking for you to come out damaged and you take 5% versus 50%. Maybe at 30-50% your scaling stays the same, or goes up a small amount. 0-30% it goes up, and maybe a big step. 50+ it goes down a level or so.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmfao

Why has a moderator NOT changed the thread title, here?

Even if it were not completely false for several reasons, it's also complete hearse.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    lmfao

Why has a moderator NOT changed the thread title, here?

Even if it were not completely false for several reasons, it's also complete hearse.
    I have to know if you meant "hearsay" or "heresy". I'm running an office pool...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ..........as if you have nothing better to do with your life?

Yikes.