Dark Reign is supposed to be over, D3

Just let it go devs. You said you were going to move past the Dark Reign stuff about a year ago but we're still fighting the same old stupid over leveled Juggernaut headbuts nearly every node. Please move on and spend some time creating new content. Please!

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think you fully grasp what they meant by dropping the dark reign title, they meant they're adding stuff outside the dark reign story line, didn't mean they were going to scrap the related PvE's, even if people don't like some of them, it would be honestly dumb to scrap content they invested time and money in. They also have obviously been adding new PvEs like DP vs MPQ, enemy of the state, rocket and groot, ultron and so on, to say they haven't been is really off and there are more in development.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think you fully grasp what they meant by dropping the dark reign title, they meant they're adding stuff outside the dark reign story line, didn't mean they were going to scrap the related PvE's, even if people don't like some of them, it would be honestly dumb to scrap content they invested time and money in. They also have obviously been adding new PvEs like DP vs MPQ, enemy of the state, rocket and groot, ultron and so on, to say they haven't been is really off and there are more in development.
    Also, let's not forget the retooling of the Heroic events to have less Venom and Juggernaut and more other villains.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Exactly how long does it take to create an image, dot it with 10-15 nodes, populate those nodes with characters who AREN'T the usual Dark Avengers crew, write some dialogue boxes with a comic story and upload the thing for us to play?

We don't need fabulous new mechanics like the survival nodes or Ultron's satalite stuff with every new event, just some new stories would be nice.
    I mean when I started playing this they'd repeat stories a few times but they'd be making new stuff at the same time. Now it feels like 100% of the design focus is on new characters.

Like I said, we don't demand new mechanics, just new stories and new combat situations.
    Considering they came out with 1* Spider Man, a character almost certainly developed with the idea of boosting him to level 250 or higher in PvP, I'm surprised this hasn't happened.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    OJSP wrote:
    Exactly how long does it take to create an image, dot it with 10-15 nodes, populate those nodes with characters who AREN'T the usual Dark Avengers crew, write some dialogue boxes with a comic story and upload the thing for us to play?Different teams and companies would be involved.. please see below

Like I said, we don't demand new mechanics, just new stories and new combat situations.Again, different teams.. so, a lot more time would be needed

I presume you might've missed the last few conversations in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32230&p=400667#p400667

I can see the process could take a while to sort out, with the red tape of Marvel having to approve ideas, writer's block or priorities for deadlines, back and forth communication, animators getting the right pictures and designs, programmers getting the right codes with no bugs, etc..

I'm probably being ignorant, but there hasn't been a new story since Enemy of the State. Ultron was completely dialogue free and was entirely programming based because of how it worked in a completely new way.
    Enemy of the State had new things too with the survival nodes, so again lots of programming required to slow down the production. I get that.

Rocket & Groot, however, was as typical a PvE as we'd ever had. some dialogue back and forth, a bunch of nodes to hit and three required nodes. That was it. That's the bare bones, basic, by-the-numbers PvE we could get. That's literally all I'd be asking for. Sure they all play the same but if it means we have a way of fighting people other than Daken, yelena, Juggernaut, Venom, Ares and Ragnarok over and over then I'm all for it.

The writing is handled by another department, sure, but it's not like there needs to be that communication, surely? How many times have we played nodes where two people chat back and forth and then have nothing to do with the node we fight in? It's just something *new* to play, ya know?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Growth Industry had no dialogue, no cutscenes, yet it was an entirely new little Story event. Surely they could turn around new events in that template a lot faster than the R&G / EoTS variety.

I've been playing less than a year and I'm beyond sick of Ares / Juggs / Daken / Moonstone / Yelena popping up all the time. Make some new NPC villains, some new Growth Industry-style events, and let 'em loose. Stop making this game feel like it's a rusting out shell.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I'm hoping for a Civil War... or a Maximum Carnage/Separation Anxiety... or a Secret Wars... Phoenix Saga... aka Master Mold PvE storyline (complete with story, dialogue, and art in the mix!)

So many great story and moments from the Marvel Universe! I'm not asking for tons of nodes and week long events, either.

Also, why not take a cue from some indie studios that do episodes that have a "To be Continued" at a later time. It would fit well in MPQ since comics where almost always had some form of To Be Continued to entice readers to pick up the next issue.

Devs won't need to put the entire story but at least the start of something new and fresh then come back and finish it at a later time.

It'll give the game that comic book feel.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    limonade wrote:
    I'm hoping for a Civil War... or a Maximum Carnage/Separation Anxiety... or a Secret Wars... Phoenix Saga... aka Master Mold PvE storyline (complete with story, dialogue, and art in the mix!)

So many great story and moments from the Marvel Universe! I'm not asking for tons of nodes and week long events, either.

Also, why not take a cue from some indie studios that do episodes that have a "To be Continued" at a later time. It would fit well in MPQ since comics where almost always had some form of To Be Continued to entice readers to pick up the next issue.

Devs won't need to put the entire story but at least the start of something new and fresh then come back and finish it at a later time.

I have in my head a fun idea for Civil War that probably would fail in an actual practical setting.

Pick a side. Team Steve or Team Tony. You get all the characters on that team and their varients and all the others are locked.
    Rewards are handed out based collectively on how your side is doing, perhaps? I imagine a single bar filled with blue for Steve on the left and red for Tony on the right, each fighting for dominance. Maybe less of a node beating thing but something of a longer PvP where you take on as many opponents of the other side as possible. You can keep progression rewards that way and ditch the idea of losing points if you get beaten, that way you stay competitive and feel more inclined to take a chance.

That would mean scores are simply cumulative. The enemy gains from beating you but only in fights they participated in, no defensive stuff. That could make things a bit grindy. I'm mostly talking off the top of my head.

There are issues to this, of course. Depends if they want to bracket this or just say "Hell, let's throw 500,000 Steve followers against 500,000 Tony followers and see who wins". I imagine to keep it fair you'd need to make brackets and have equal teams, 1000 v 1000 for example. Whichever team is dominant a the end gets prizes with maybe a new character added as a progression reward so you don't feel screwed for choosing a side full of 2* players while the other side kicks **** with their maxed hulkbusters, for example.

Winner gets 5 legendary tokens, loser only gets 1. Maybe? =P
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    limonade wrote:

I have in my head a fun idea for Civil War that probably would fail in an actual practical setting.

Pick a side. Team Steve or Team Tony. You get all the characters on that team and their varients and all the others are locked.
    Rewards are handed out based collectively on how your side is doing, perhaps? I imagine a single bar filled with blue for Steve on the left and red for Tony on the right, each fighting for dominance. Maybe less of a node beating thing but something of a longer PvP where you take on as many opponents of the other side as possible. You can keep progression rewards that way and ditch the idea of losing points if you get beaten, that way you stay competitive and feel more inclined to take a chance.

That would mean scores are simply cumulative. The enemy gains from beating you but only in fights they participated in, no defensive stuff. That could make things a bit grindy. I'm mostly talking off the top of my head.

There are issues to this, of course. Depends if they want to bracket this or just say "Hell, let's throw 500,000 Steve followers against 500,000 Tony followers and see who wins". I imagine to keep it fair you'd need to make brackets and have equal teams, 1000 v 1000 for example. Whichever team is dominant a the end gets prizes with maybe a new character added as a progression reward so you don't feel screwed for choosing a side full of 2* players while the other side kicks **** with their maxed hulkbusters, for example.

Winner gets 5 legendary tokens, loser only gets 1. Maybe? =P
    This would be pretty cool for a special event when the Civil War movie hits the cinemas next year...