Replace alliance rewards with overall rewards.

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Mercing has become so prevalent that there is really little point to alliance rewards. There is no incentive to stay in one particular alliance, and no penalty for leaving, so why tie the rewards to an alliance since the alliances are always in flux?

Furthermore, what team play aspect is really added by forcing people to compete in alliances? Team-Ups? Big deal - add a friends list to accomplish the same thing. Game banter in chat? Most people do more talking on the forums or on line or some other chat tool. The gameplay is entirely single-player.....having a group come together to compete individually makes little sense.

I say get rid of competitive alliances and replace them with overall rewards. So if you finish T100 in your bracket you get that cover you wanted, and if you finish T2000 among all brackets you get an additional one. For the most part all the same people get the rewards, but there is no headache over having to find an open alliance or a merc each event/season.

Comments

• While I like the idea of an all brackets individual reward, alliances are the only reason I'm still playing this game (at day 550+). It makes me play harder and score higher than I might if it was only me, which I like, and I ended up meeting some great people.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing is that 'alliances are always in flux' is not the universal truth you seem to think it is. It's only so for a handful alliances that hover around that top 100 cutoff who feel they absolutely have to get that cover every time. I'm sure those kind of alliances aren't much fun to be in, but there's no need to get rid of a system that works just fine for most players because of the frustrations and lack of group loyalty of a few.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    How does that solve the problem?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    My alliance took on no mercs during Reed Richards release as we finished near top50. I understand your complaint, but this is a problem with the players and not the game. My alliance is focused on helping each other grow so the alliance as a whole will get better. We have a group of about 16 that have been together for awhile and about 4 players that joined recently, but have stuck around.

I say a better fix would be to lock people in to their alliance. Their points only count when earned while a member of the alliance. This would stop alliance hoping and mercing all in one step.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    This thread is very much the same contents as the already running one on locking scores for Alliance with conversation and ideas flipping between these two threads. Keeping things clean.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32815
This discussion has been closed.