Best ai teamup selections

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Obviously, the ai team up selection is random, so sometimes it's good for the ai and sometimes it's hilariously useless.

But the ones that always standout in my mind are the viciously effective team up selections, especially when I didn't notice them ahead of time. What are the worst ones you remember?

A few off the top of my head:

(1) ai team includes patch, and has a Jean Grey purple teamup

(2) ai used Elektra purple team up immediately after I stupidly cast overdrive. (this one is extra painful since Elektra purple is usually a hilariously awful ai teamup)

(3) ai brings a lazy cap blue when cmags is boosted and waiting to turn blue ap into tons of damage.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    The AI normally seems to have the perfect T/U for any situation, it's quite amazing since they can only use one T/U. I do notice the CPU T/U switches depending on your team.

I faced the dreaded Elektra Double-Double Cross T/U yesterday against Daken. Most annoying one so far was during PVP. There was only a few minutes remaining and I only needed a few pts to secure T100. Just when I was about to win with simple match damage, the AI uses a Moonstone T/U and steals Luke Cage's Protect tile! I won the match but just literally seconds AFTER the event ended and I placed 101.. annoyed lol.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The AI always seems to have the perfect T/U for any situation
    I think that might be overstating it just a bit icon_e_biggrin.gif

I mean, there's a lot of times when the AI TU is actively detrimental to it. Like Sentry taking damage to put the super Strike Tile down and ***Bullseye coming the crazy glint in his eye "I'm helping!" and destrying the tile while doing 300 damage. Or Ares' Onslaught TU doing damage with one green AP. Or Elektra double-double-double crossing by giving two Strike tiles for your Daken to pulverize into damage.

Or whatever. I think that the AI is pretty much eighty-twenty in its TU usage. 80% of the time it works out all right but in a large minority of the cases it doesn't do anything much or even actively hampers the AI team.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    dude, worst one ever is obw purple team up that you didn't notice. that will ruin your pvp match.

of course so would a RotP, CtS, but those take longer to build up. either deadpool sucks - I actually hate red more because its so cheap and strong. or how about a cap red for a fistbuster team - here's 10 red ap for them and the ai actually puts it in a good spot, better be able to put MFer in front.

shulkie red sucked in today's big enchilada. I run cap/blade/falcon and the bottom of the board always ends up full of my goodie tiles. shulk red ruined my wave 4 today. well, not ruined, but just annoyed me and delayed my win.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The AI always seems to have the perfect T/U for any situation
    I think that might be overstating it just a bit icon_e_biggrin.gif

I mean, there's a lot of times when the AI TU is actively detrimental to it. Like Sentry taking damage to put the super Strike Tile down and ***Bullseye coming the crazy glint in his eye "I'm helping!" and destrying the tile while doing 300 damage. Or Ares' Onslaught TU doing damage with one green AP. Or Elektra double-double-double crossing by giving two Strike tiles for your Daken to pulverize into damage.

Or whatever. I think that the AI is pretty much eighty-twenty in its TU usage. 80% of the time it works out all right but in a large minority of the cases it doesn't do anything much or even actively hampers the AI team.

lol Ugh the dreaded "always." Okay I changed it to 'normally' lol but yes you are right, there are times when the T/U does not help the CPU. I use to love when IW's Green ended the turn. She would pop up with some bubbles and ended the turn, that was huge in some matches lol. Lately the AI likes to use Squirrel Girl yellow, which also ended the turn to get me the win icon_lol.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Onslaught TU in a node with two HAMMER snipers. They generate green AP but Deadly Shot is a 0 AP skill, so the green just builds & builds & builds. If the AI is slow to gather the 6 TU AP, you'll eat a nasty amount of damage when the time comes.