Tantilizingly close... :(

Blahahah
Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just want my Heroic 10 for the season.

Thats what I, a transitioning player, cry out to the Shield sim gods as I get within 20 points of the marker (and the 2000 point mark as well) just to have 60 of my points ripped away. icon_e_sad.gif

And now I sit, hiding behind a tiny shield, a mere 170 points away from my goals... Surrounded by level 166 teams. Luke Cages, Scarlet Witches, Lokis and Eyepatches abound...

As a word to the wise... never delay, never procastinate. icon_e_sad.gif The world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Especially to those who wait.

This topic is a shout out to all my brothers in the 3500+ zone, but not at the 4000. We almost made it. Never give up, never surrender. Believe in yourselves, and never stop climbing.

Just climb sooner.

RIP Thor/Daken/Doc Oct. You guys served me well, obliterating every Mohawk in my path. Never Forget. icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    the 10 pack heroic is honestly pretty easy if you just get 500-650 points before a PvP ends and locks the points down and just fill the rest with sim points
  • Blahahah
    I didn't do my due diligence, so now the shield sim is the only option I have to reap these last 170 points.
  • Many people now are trying to get antman or just pack more points for season score. So if you put someone under 166 you present an easy juicy target
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    I didn't do my due diligence, so now the shield sim is the only option I have to reap these last 170 points.

Didn't realize the shield sim was an option, but I'm also not really interested in trying to put away 2500 points for the imcoin.png in the last six hours, either >.<
  • Blahahah
    I give up. I got 9 points away and the CPU decided that a team of 112 Loki, 100 Patch and 140 hulk...

Well you guys know the rest.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    the 10 pack heroic is honestly pretty easy if you just get 500-650 points before a PvP ends and locks the points down and just fill the rest with sim points

FWIW, I didn't touch the simulator and I only have three characters above 104 on my roster. I hit 5k for the season.

Most events I was between 575-650 (only got that second token a couple times). Shielded at the end, and had the 10-pack with three or four events in hand before the end of the season. Never hit 800 in any event. Only hit 700+ once.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Climb sooner yes. Sim is pretty nice and relaxed if you do it in the middle of the season at an off-peak time. My noob account with all level 94s got to 1800 without shields quite easily, but I didn't feel going after the ant-man was worth the effort aand didn't start getting attacked until a few hours later.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Blahahah wrote:

As a word to the wise... never delay, never procastinate. icon_e_sad.gif The world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Especially to those who wait.

amen.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

Umm... You only need 400 points per pvp and 0 sim points to get the 10 pack. Honestly, the only reason anyone but total beginners should miss the 10 pack is if they skip 3+ pvps and don't use any shields.
  • I was going for the 400 per event goal, mainly because the token and hp reward are nice for the minimal time investment it takes to get there, and figured I'd average out at 4k for the season. Then realized all those times I got to 400 and then got drilled down to 2-300 were affecting my season total about halfway through the season.

Abandoned all hope at that point, maybe this will be the season I devote myself to PVP, PVE's time investment is starting to not pay off much for me.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Tarheelmax wrote:

Umm... You only need 400 points per pvp and 0 sim points to get the 10 pack. Honestly, the only reason anyone but total beginners should miss the 10 pack is if they skip 3+ pvps and don't use any shields.

and for some people the thing called a life.

Getting around 500-650 isn't that hard and yes, you can do 400 instead but it will take 10 PvP's that you have to make sure you keep participating in which is a bigger time investment and not everyone can sink the time in when they have a life. 500 at the least cuts down the needed PvP's to be in by 2 and shield sim is a really good place to stack points because you get hit much, much less frequently in there with the huge pool of people, even when you do, the point losses are usually pretty small, hitting around 1k in there also lowers the needed PvP's by another 2.

Time management, I'd rather only have to put some effort into at least 6 PvP events instead of 10 just by doing easy steps.