CPU Team-Ups

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This has been mentioned numerous times: The AI is able to use T/U's for characters in battle. I have been unable to get a picture since it happens so quickly but today they used a Human Torch one which is much easy to snap a picture since it obnoxiously pops up every turn.

Why is the CPU allowed to do this? We certainly do not have the power to bring in T/Us of characters in battle. There is nothing worse than when you're about to use Thor CTS and all of a sudden the CPU throws out that T/U! Is this intended or is this a glitch? It happens at least once a day. I would love to hear from the devs on this longstanding issue.

Screenshot_2015-09-13-17-47-46.png

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why? Uhm.....cuz they don't care. lol
  • Punisher5784
    OJSP wrote:
    This has been mentioned numerous times: The AI is able to use T/U's for characters in battle. I have been unable to get a picture since it happens so quickly but today they used a Human Torch one which is much easy to snap a picture since it obnoxiously pops up every turn.

Why is the CPU allowed to do this?

I appreciate that it's a bit odd, but for Versus Events, because we can field the same team as the opponent, that restriction for the TU is removed.

Only in Story Events, that we can't use a TU of any opponents and vice versa..

It happens in PVE just as often. It's just tough to take a snapshot cause it happens so fast. I've lost alot if matches cause of this.

I agree about everything else u said on CPU T/Us, I have many more annoyances about them myself but this particular one should not happen
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I had a brutal pvp.

Enemy tu's were all the strongest ones. Repulser punch etc. for a string of 6 matches it was unbelievable.

Plus I had a string of bad cascades you would not believe.

Facing 5/5/5 in pve it is what it is.
  • This has been mentioned numerous times: The AI is able to use T/U's for characters in battle. I have been unable to get a picture since it happens so quickly but today they used a Human Torch one which is much easy to snap a picture since it obnoxiously pops up every turn.

Why is the CPU allowed to do this? We certainly do not have the power to bring in T/Us of characters in battle. There is nothing worse than when you're about to use Thor CTS and all of a sudden the CPU throws out that T/U! Is this intended or is this a glitch? It happens at least once a day. I would love to hear from the devs on this longstanding issue.

Screenshot_2015-09-13-17-47-46.png

At least in PVE, it seems to be hardcoded (they always get the same teamup for the same node). If they didn't do it this way, they'd need 4 options for the teamup per node in caseyou brought their first 3 choices. It probably wouldn't be too complicated to code, but it's easier this way and I'd rather have them focus on true new content than changing this.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    You do realize that once used, Human Torch's "Flame Jet" power triggers every turn right? That green countdown tile is the power. Every turn it goes to 0 and resets. The power triggers and you get a notification that it triggered.
      Flame Jet - Green 5 greentile.png
      The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma. Creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, dealing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP per turn.
        Level 2: 20 for each Green AP. Max 176 damage a turn. Level 3: 25 for each Green AP. Max 227 damage a turn. Level 4: 31 for each Green AP. Max 277 damage a turn. Level 5: 36 for each Green AP. Max 328 damage a turn.
      Max Level: 270 per AP, max 2434
    • Punisher5784
      You do realize that once used, Human Torch's "Flame Jet" power triggers every turn right? That green countdown tile is the power. Every turn it goes to 0 and resets. The power triggers and you get a notification that it triggered.
        The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma. Creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, dealing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP per turn.
          Level 2: 20 for each Green AP. Max 176 damage a turn. Level 3: 25 for each Green AP. Max 227 damage a turn. Level 4: 31 for each Green AP. Max 277 damage a turn. Level 5: 36 for each Green AP. Max 328 damage a turn.

What are you talking about...? You do realize this post is about how the CPU can use T/U's for characters on MY team not how Torch's Green ability works. His was just the best example to use because his T/U power triggers every turn so I can take a picture. Not sure where the confusion is but perhaps you should re-read the discussion before you bash my posts like you normally do. Thanks.
      • JamieMadrox

What are you talking about...? You do realize this post is about how the CPU can use T/U's for characters on MY team not how Torch's Green ability works. His was just the best example to use because his T/U power triggers every turn so I can take a picture. Not sure where the confusion is but perhaps you should re-read the discussion before you bash my posts like you normally do. Thanks.
          Balls. Completely misread your first post.

Yes this is an issue. Not sure if it's being worked on, but a PM to Ice may be in order. I wasn't bashing you, I was just trying to point out what I thought was the reason for your problem. Ignore my sleep deprived misunderstanding/ramblings.
        • mohio
          mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
          To be fair, it did take me rereading the op once or twice before I could figure out exactly what he was trying to say.

Anyway, totally agree this is an annoying thing, but as mentioned there are more pressing issues. To me the worst TU offender is a group of DA with a fastball special team up. They always seem to get it off right as you're wrapping up the match. That or the random trickery team up against your blade or daken...seems the power level of team ups is such a wide range. Kinda wish it were a little more even from match to match.
        • Punisher5784

Balls. Completely misread your first post.

Yes this is an issue. Not sure if it's being worked on, but a PM to Ice may be in order. I wasn't bashing you, I was just trying to point out what I thought was the reason for your problem. Ignore my sleep deprived misunderstanding/ramblings.

I figured as much. No problem, ignore my 'just woke up angry' mood lol
          • JamieMadrox
            I figured as much. No problem, ignore my 'just woke up angry' mood lol
            There's been a lot of grumpy people today.
            2015-08-25-1440538534-7002988-uhohsounds.jpg
          • firethorne
            firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
            I know. They should bring back environmental tiles.
            City_Tile.png

Hot Dog Stand. Most useful skill in the game.
            City_Tile_Icon.png

icon_lol.gif