So who's gonna be the first OHKO character?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Surprised we don't have one yet, but with this absurdly unbalanced 5 star transition, it's only a matter of weeks before this happens. What I'm thinking is, it's just gonna cost 30 AP for that color, once you get it, you use your attack and the character is immediately dead regardless of their health. However, that would probably be far too weak attack for a 5 star, so I'm guessing it will either be given to a 4 star or at half cost for a 5 star. What do yall think?

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    what if they made it a 3*, only cost 14 AP, and instead of OHKO, it just won the match automatically?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    ...and made it a pink colored power ...just because that sounds like fun?
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    If they did that, too many people whould whale for an instant win....
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    icon_venom.pngblackflag.png already has that ability but good luck getting the web.png 's needed
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    mjh wrote:
    :venom: blackflag.png already has that ability but good luck getting the web.png 's needed

Been playing for almost half a year and still haven't seen it yet.
  • 20three wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    :venom: blackflag.png already has that ability but good luck getting the web.png 's needed

Been playing for almost half a year and still haven't seen it yet.

Easily done with the new 1 star Spidey. 12 Blue and 16 Purple, unless you're unlucky with the purple critting away web tiles. It doesnt look any different, sadly.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I mean.......if we DO get Thanos or Kang or Dark Phoenix or Master Mold or Galactus or etc.....they SHOULD have a move like that.

I don't understand the problem.
  • What is OHKO? One hit KO?
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    what if they made it a 3*, only cost 14 AP, and instead of OHKO, it just won the match automatically?

I'm sure nobody's been able to do it yet, but I wonder if Whales! is enough to OHKO a maxed Silver Surfer?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Deegamah wrote:

I'm sure nobody's been able to do it yet, but I wonder if Whales! is enough to OHKO a maxed Silver Surfer?

According to the current wording of whales, it should be. But you only have so many points.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    Deegamah wrote:

According to the current wording of whales, it should be. But you only have so many points.

I heard from one of my alliance mates that max Whales deals about 25k in damage. So not even two of those would be enough to down max Surfer.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    I heard from one of my alliance mates that max Whales deals about 25k in damage. So not even two of those would be enough to down max Surfer.

If this was true, I wouldn't be able to down Ultron lvl 395 in that last essential node in the Gauntlet.. his HP was 27880

Since his red power deals a percentage of total hp I think it's possible that super whales also deals a percentage but it's set to 100% so it will KO anyone regardless of total hp.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:

If this was true, I wouldn't be able to down Ultron lvl 395 in that last essential node in the Gauntlet.. his HP was 27880

Since his red power deals a percentage of total hp I think it's possible that super whales also deals a percentage but it's set to 100% so it will KO anyone regardless of total hp.
    His red calculates damage before taking into account strike and protect tiles, so it could do less or more damage depending how many of those there are on the board. If super whales did 100% damage, the enemy could potentially stop it from killing them if they have enough protect tiles on the board, so I don't think this would be the case. I imagine they either use a specific function to set all enemy healths to zero, or it could do something like a fixed 99999 damage.
  • So essentially in 3 years we could out-whale DP?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Super Whales should just be an appetizer to Galactus
  • So, back to the OP's vital point, who's gonna be the THIRD OHKO character?

Aunt May with a frying pan in the kitchen? Could be a clue.

Make that the *fourth*! Just because we can't use him, don't ignore the maggia boss! I've been ohko'd by his black before. Certainly more likely than venom's!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    20three wrote:
    What I'm thinking is, it's just gonna cost 30 AP for that color, once you get it, you use your attack and the character is immediately dead

if the prerequisite is 30 ap:
    30 red AP kills (almost) anyone with Hulkbuster...does that count too?
  • n8cLm.png
    ops wrong universe.

backs out slowly....
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher also has a limited OHKO, for anyone at 40% or less health. This could be a significant amount of damage against a 5*, but you've still gotta get that first 60% off.

It could be interesting to see a trickster sort of character (Madcap?) who had a power that had a significant downside or random factor. Something like 12 purple AP to kill the targeted enemy, but with a 50% chance to kill a randomly selected friendly character instead... including the caster!