Standard Tokens - A Solution to Two Problems

Zifna
Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, right now, it's very obnoxious to open Standard Tokens as a veteran player. They pile up very quickly and offer very little reward. If you have almost all the 3*, or all of them, it is easy to open hundreds of tokens and get nothing you want to keep... yes, they convert to ISO, but it is an incredibly tedious and boring way to get ISO. Now, with the removal of 4* from Standard Tokens, they literally are just irritating ISO for many players.

Fortunately, I have a solution to propose: allow players to exchange many standard tokens for a few heroic tokens. I think 3*-wise, it would be something like 10-12 Standard Tokens per one Heroic Token, but I will say that I would still happily exchange them even if the exchange rate was worse than that, like 15 or 20 Standard Tokens for one Heroic. This would make a useless resource useful, and remove a tedious aspect of the game for players for whom standards are no longer useful.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zifna wrote:
    So, right now, it's very obnoxious to open Standard Tokens as a veteran player. They pile up very quickly and offer very little reward. If you have almost all the 3*, or all of them, it is easy to open hundreds of tokens and get nothing you want to keep... yes, they convert to ISO, but it is an incredibly tedious and boring way to get ISO. Now, with the removal of 4* from Standard Tokens, they literally are just irritating ISO for many players.

Fortunately, I have a solution to propose: allow players to exchange many standard tokens for a few heroic tokens. I think 3*-wise, it would be something like 10-12 Standard Tokens per one Heroic Token, but I will say that I would still happily exchange them even if the exchange rate was worse than that, like 15 or 20 Standard Tokens for one Heroic. This would make a useless resource useful, and remove a tedious aspect of the game for players for whom standards are no longer useful.
    You want to trade 10 standards for 1 heroic. Worst case scenario you are giving up 1000 iso for 250 iso, I'll keep the standards, thank you
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd settle for a button that lets me return unopened standard token for 100 ISO a piece.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    An open all button and standard sell orders for any covers received by any source that is of no use for immediate conversion to ISO would seem to be a straightforward solution that has no risk of unbalancing the economy as it stands today and could cut down on a lot of time more veteran player waste doing what basically amount to makework.
  • alphabeta wrote:
    An open all button and standard sell orders for any covers received by any source that is of no use for immediate conversion to ISO would seem to be a straightforward solution that has no risk of unbalancing the economy as it stands today and could cut down on a lot of time more veteran player waste doing what basically amount to makework.

I would settle for an open all button at the very least, that is a great idea and would be amazing! Sell orders would probably be much more difficult to implement.

To the OP's point, there will never be an option to trade from a lower form of currency to a higher one, which is what standard to heroic would be.