Event points questions

Options
tph_james
tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
have always wanted to ask about these.
1. is everybody having the same amount of points to earn in an event?
2. why there are always one or two players at the top of the run gather so many more points than me?
3. different scaling different points?

example:
in today hulk sub-event, i cleared the nodes every four hours. the sub-event is going to be finish in another 2 hours, but the leader is 4000+ points ahead of me (i ranked 9). the leader took the lead since the beginning, so its not because of rubberbanding. However, if he/she played more than me, the points would be drained down and it takes a lot of time to replenish.
i am really really confused, i can't understand how the points we collected were so much different.
what is wrong here? anybody?

Comments

• tph_james
    Options
    i did play 8 hourly before, and still the leader's points are way over the sky.
    even i play four hourly, the points difference can't be that much.
    the sub event i am playing now its going to finish in 20 mins. i played every node down to less than 100 points and the leader is still 4k points above.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tph_james wrote:
    have always wanted to ask about these.
    1. is everybody having the same amount of points to earn in an event?
    2. why there are always one or two players at the top of the run gather so many more points than me?
    3. different scaling different points?

example:
    in today hulk sub-event, i cleared the nodes every four hours. the sub-event is going to be finish in another 2 hours, but the leader is 4000+ points ahead of me (i ranked 9). the leader took the lead since the beginning, so its not because of rubberbanding. However, if he/she played more than me, the points would be drained down and it takes a lot of time to replenish.
    i am really really confused, i can't understand how the points we collected were so much different.
    what is wrong here? anybody?
    Points refresh every EIGHT hours
  • tph_james
    Options
    thanks...i will to play every 8 hours and see.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tph_james wrote:
    thanks...i will to play every 8 hours and see.

If you are really trying for the top spots, then you need to do that, AND as mentioned in the posts above grind down the nodes to 1 during the final hours of the sub. If you used to play every 8 hours and still saw point differences, that's likely where the differences come from.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The grind is (theoretically) worth 3.5 clears...
    That's a little misleading... This relies upon nodes being fully refreshed and being able to clear all nodes in 0 seconds... 3.125-3.25 is a more realistic number...

That being said, you are correct in saying that more than half the available points per sub are available in the grind...
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey, in the opposite direction, remember those crazy 12hr subs? Man, hope we never seen those again. Clear, clear, griiiiiinnnnd. Clear, clear, griiiiiinnnnd....
    With an easy and a hard sub open at the same time?!? Pure evil...
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There is one additional caveat. You need to grind down the nodes as much as you can at the end of the event WHILE still leaving yourself enough power so that as soon as the new event starts you can clear the screen. If you don't clear it immediately points go to waste.

So if you are like me and don't have 10 maxed 4* and more 166 3*s than stars in the sky, it can be a bit tricky to make sure you leave yourself enough power/heals (unless you like to buy heals of course). I am 12th using this strategy and I usually get way more points than progression requires (if I have the 4* it uses, if not I don't bother with the event).

The question this time is whether they moved the goal out further since the reward is cooler...