Gauntlet final reward.

Ledonjon
Ledonjon Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Don't you agree the devs are tricking you in playing the final stages for a reward your never gonna get?
After 6 intense days of battling and finally getting to the last match to finally EARNING another Lthor they decide you need freaking Mr. Fantasic.
Boy I was mad!
Like I had enough opportunity to get him...
Spendid ALL my c

Comments

• Ledonjon
    Ledonjon Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Spendid ALL my collected Wales! On the three previous matches to find out it was for nothing.
    Smells like cheating...
  • The last gauntlet branch unlocked all at once for me, after beating the cage fist xdeadpool node. That is proactively /not/ tricking anybody by the devs, since it shows you that Mr F is needed for the last essential.

You can also get a Mr Fantastic cover by getting the 1000 points progression reward in his pvp which is currently running. If you cannot hit 1000 in pvp, you had your opportunity to get him in his pve. Unlike the situation in one of the previous gauntlets where you had to have 3* daken to get another 3* daken cover, this time it's actually a lot more "fair".
  • Yeah ledonjon, just got to that final node as well, have a feeling I'm gonna be pretty pissed about that for a long time...
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    defixu wrote:
    The last gauntlet branch unlocked all at once for me, after beating the cage fist xdeadpool node. That is proactively /not/ tricking anybody by the devs, since it shows you that Mr F is needed for the last essential.

You can also get a Mr Fantastic cover by getting the 1000 points progression reward in his pvp which is currently running. If you cannot hit 1000 in pvp, you had your opportunity to get him in his pve. Unlike the situation in one of the previous gauntlets where you had to have 3* daken to get another 3* daken cover, this time it's actually a lot more "fair".

The issue is more that... it just wasn't really clear until the very end. It seems that they didn't make mr fantastic essential in the first 2 phases because they wanted people to be able to progress past the first phase. Makes sense, good. Except that gives the impression that maybe mr fantastic wasn't going to be needed at all. So it's a bit of a facepalm moment for people with full 3* rosters when you do beat that cage/fist/xpool node and realize this whole time you were playing for nothing. Probably if someone had posted one of those big "PSA: Reed is needed for the final Gauntlet node" type of threads some people could have saved themselves the wasted time and effort..
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I have to agree with the OP, but I just managed to A) secure 1000 points in Stretchtastic event to earn a yellow Mr Fantastic cover, and then B) I went back to complete my last node in gauntlet (Carnage, Ant Man and Ultron) as I had already completed the other last four nodes with a mix of Captain America, Hood, and Ms Marvel.

I'm not sure what was more annoying, getting to 996 points then earning 30 points only to be hit back down to 966 points. Or actually securing the 1005 points with 16 minutes to go to then lose 215 points and end up with 755 overall. What the deuce???

In any case if I'd known that Fantastic was a requirement at the beginning then I might have thought hard about starting gauntlet. The fact that Mr F is used in the 1st node is very misleading and they could have allowed us to have a Mr F. In any case.......
  • I was equally upset....if you have the same TWO essentials for the first 17 matches........Why would you make the very last node the newest character that the least amount of people have! icon_mad.gif on top of the sim 41 being a total **** combo of opponents, I think they did it just to pss a bunch of ppl off!
  • I don't remember any Story event that did not have the previous Story reward as an essential.
    Was only surprised that he wasn't required for more nodes.