Suggestion: Enable / Disable Ability to Place

XandorXerxes
XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
This is mostly for PvE, but it works for PvP too to a small extent.

I'd like the ability to flag myself to not be able to earn placement rewards on certain missions. This Hulk PvE, for example - I'm not aiming to place 1 or 2, and I don't need the Hulk (I just want the shiny purple token). I'm sure there are lots of 2* players who would very much like my placement and I really don't mind giving it to them.

This may take effort to implement, code, or apply overall balance, but just throwing ideas out there:

1) Disable placement only affects your personal score, not alliance;
or
2) Disable placement affects your personal score AND alliance score - but you get a bonus to your points after each fight (if used in PvP, 75 point cap could still apply).
or
3) The ability to choose either.

Thoughts behind this:

#1 - Just me wanting to be nice to newer peeps. Iso / HP / covers (that I sell for iso) are nice, but I don't mind passing them on to people who really need them. I imagine some people in big alliances will not want to nuke their alliance score.

#2 - Obviously this won't be selected by high-end players who are usually in top alliances, they already make all progression rewards anyways so the bonus is moot and these are the people who are competing for top spots. This mostly helps the player with the smaller roster who doesn't score as high normally make up some of the lost points for not having a 3* or 4* essential, or the casual player reach a couple progression rewards he or she might not otherwise get. Obviously if either of those players really wanted to try to place instead, they could just not choose either option.

Comments

• Shulu
    Shulu Posts: 14
    I strongly agree with this.

I'm just over 100 days into this game have spent over $50 bucks for roster spots. I have been a Top10 finisher in most PvE events since I've started. Which leads me to the new PvE where everyone now wants a legendary and I have to complete with players who have everything. This new 5* is just slowing my progression completely including not getting hero points anymore on daily events. Since the Hulk event started I have only made Top 50 once. This is just leading to frustration trying to grind with a roster that just doesn't have the power of veterans.

Another suggestion is to have 2 PvE events. One with legendary and one with random 4* as end progression. This would split up noobs/vets as we try and build 3* teams.

If they want my money they going to have to change something because me grinding 5+ hrs a day to get nothing but a single heroic isn't going to keep me interested much longer.