Selling MPQ Cards for Hero Points Feedback

limonade
limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I've been playing MPQ daily, for a little over a year. Yet, I haven't seen any way to earn Hero Points by selling any type of card that I have owned. (Granted, I haven't really maxed out any of the 3*s or 4*s.) Is there going to be a way to sell these cards for Hero Points, in the future?

If not, then please rid the Hero Point symbol and number since it only misleads the player into thinking that eventually it could be sold for Hero Points. And honestly, Hero Points are rare as it is in my experience of the game. Also, they are too expensive for how much one gets in the marketplace even with the "special" discounts. These are my opinions and reasons why I haven't spent real money for this game.

Comments

• limonade
    OJSP wrote:
    If you've played over a year, you must've missed the forum's activity during 2* Magneto power change and several 3*s like Mystique, IF, etc, and notoriously 4* Thor power change

Magneto's sell price was temporarily altered as such, if we have a lvl 22 or above, we could get at least 50 HP for him. 3*s and 4*s are valued higher.

Apparently, they've done similar things in the past with Sentry, for example..

We were expecting a similar "compensation" when they change Moonstone, but apparently no one spent HP to cover her (pun intended), so no HP was offered as a part of the sale price.

I think the HP is displayed, so they could make temporary adjustments quickly, without having to write any new codes.. and it's a sign that it's still a possibility in the future for characters to be sold for HP.

I would be sad if the imcoin.png 0 display is gone.. it probably means they will probably stop the current practice altogether.

I hope you understand that I've played over a year, but I haven't been part of the forums for over a year.

I had not been aware of such conversions. If there were times that one could sell Hero/Villain cards for HP, it definitely had not been communicated to the public/players effectively. I still stand by my post, if Hero Points are not commonly sold, even when maxed out, then why have them displayed at all? While I'm not saying to never display them, at least hide the Hero Points from view.

So even in the rare instances, that "compensation" could occur players can see, know, and decide whether or not it is worth it to sell their card (maxed or not) for HP.

The downside obviously would be having to start over with that particular Hero/Villain, but the upside would be maybe having 500/600 HP for an extra space.
  • limonade
    OJSP wrote:
    limonade wrote:
    I hope you understand that I've played over a year, but I haven't been part of the forums for over a year. I understand and it's not a problem here. I'm on day 281 and I only joined the forum recently too, to join the Pool Party Heroes Contest

I had not been aware of such conversions. If there were times that one could sell Hero/Villain cards for HP, it definitely had not been communicated to the public/players effectively. I agreeI still stand by my post, if Hero Points are not commonly sold, even when maxed out, then why have them displayed at all? While I'm not saying to never display them, at least hide the Hero Points from view. As I mentioned briefly in my previous post, it's probably so they don't have to change the coding in the game too much when they want to activate that option. With the frequent bugs that we encounter, we don't need another potential source of problem

So even in the rare instances, that "compensation" could occur players can see, know, and decide whether or not it is worth it to sell their card (maxed or not) for HP.

The downside obviously would be having to start over with that particular Hero/Villain, but the upside would be maybe having 500/600 HP for an extra space.I agree with this point too

So, unfortunately, the only part that my answer still won't be able to satisfy you would be the issue about displaying the imcoin.png 0 on the character's main page.

I hope my explanation that from the programmer's point of view is acceptable, it's quite simple to change that value from 0 to 50, 100, or whatever they set the value is depending on the character's level. It's quite risky to change the codes to change the display, because they can potentially create a bug and it would interact with other parts of the game unintentionally. For example, the hidden Taco Vault page, the character's voices bug and the Silver Surfer level display that's currently ongoing.. I'm quite sure, they probably didn't touch any codes that would hide the vault, alter the voices or make SS's page display the wrong level..somehow, one part of the code somewhere might've interacted with each other, resulting in such problems.. By all means, I am not an advanced programmer, so I can't be entirely sure, but knowing some programmers in real life helps me to understand this.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Also, I doubt they'll see this post and act on it impulsively. After all, what I'm posting is feedback and just pointing out areas where I haven't seen much activity. Also, these are merely suggestions as to tighten up the user interface in a way that is smart, simple, and sleek. What's behind the engine and inner workings of this game is really up to them to tweak, implement, or ignore.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    A little history:

3* and 4* covers used to net you a little bit oh HP when sold. 25 and 50, I think. This was changed well over a year ago, and since then HP is only offered in special circumstances as mentioned above.

I don't remember the explanation at the time, but I think they removed HP from cover sales to decrease the number of players competing for covers they were only going to sell. This then got canceled out by the introduction of seasons, so players pretty quickly had a new reason to compete in every pvp, regardless of the prizes.

At the time of the change in sale prices, they increased HP in a couple other places, such as daily rewards, to keep HP flowing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Marvel Now Magneto HP sale was the best... You just needed two covers in the same color and a little bit of ISO to sell him for HP - not a lot, but considering how easy 2* covers are to come by it added up quickly.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    A little history:

3* and 4* covers used to net you a little bit oh HP when sold. 25 and 50, I think. This was changed well over a year ago, and since then HP is only offered in special circumstances as mentioned above.

I don't remember the explanation at the time, but I think they removed HP from cover sales to decrease the number of players competing for covers they were only going to sell. This then got canceled out by the introduction of seasons, so players pretty quickly had a new reason to compete in every pvp, regardless of the prizes.

At the time of the change in sale prices, they increased HP in a couple other places, such as daily rewards, to keep HP flowing.

what a time it was to be alive, LRs were even more savage, bloody and violent where players would be willing to slit your throat for those 3* dupe covers to sell for HP to get slots or cover up other characters.

Feel like we could use this system back now more than ever actually with the overwhelming amount of characters coming and the dire need for slots, especially since the cost keeps going up the more slots you buy. This was one of the few things about the game I thought was very attractive for free players when I first started as a new player since if you didn't have the roster space at the time for the 3/4* you got, you could sell it off with the thoughts of it allowing you to afford another slot down the line and this was how I got a lot of my precious slots early on.