Gauntlet positive feedback

I love the gauntlet. I know other people have said it, but can't see a thread in 'Suggestions and Feedback' for general or positive feedback on Gauntlet. Not sure if devs read all the comments in other forum sections so opting for a new thread.

The number of different teams I could use or in some cases had to use is such a refreshing change in comparison to normal PvE and PvP events. The satisfaction of clearing a hard node is some of the most fun I have had on this game.

I have been on the bandwagon calling for more variation in enemies on PvE a few times, but the Gauntlet really highlights how much more enjoyable the game can be with enemy variation and challenge.

I read in another thread something about a plan to run the Gauntlet more often, don't know if it's genuinely planned but really would like to see this more often in future. Last time it was run I had barely started playing the game and didn't have a roster diverse enough to run it, so I had been looking forward to this for a while. Having spent most of the week on it now it is quite different from what I expected, a lot harder than I expected but as I mentioned the elation of passing a difficult node is not paralleled in the normal story events.

That said, it's not perfect. The time limit seemed a bit harsh and stressed me a bit as I wanted to get as much done as possible since it had been a long wait for Gauntlet to run again. If it ran more often I wouldn't have felt so much pressure to get as far as I did (only 2 nodes I have not succeeded at) otherwise a longer time limit or not coinciding it with end of a PvP season would be nice.

I actually really like the essential character missions integrated into the Gauntlet as it added an extra challenge and puzzle element. I will admit going through some frustration at hauling a 0/1/1 Quicksilver and 0/0/1 Mr Fantastic through nodes but the sense of accomplishment was worth it. Possibly for future I would suggest more essential character missions, but especially now that 4* characters are supposed to be becoming more available maybe the final reward should be possible to get without one of the essentials so the final completion could just be for bragging rights or count towards an alliance reward so that it doesn't bite people so hard.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks to the Devs for rerunning the Gauntlet and putting so much effort into finding some of the most demanding teams to face off against.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the gauntlet too, although I thought a few of the nodes (or just the level of scaling) were a bit too hard this time. I love a PvE event where it's actually about how good you are at the game, not how well you can sacrifice your daily life to grinding an obscure, compulsively timed metagame.

(Competitive PvE, still the worst. It's the Gambit of game modes.)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be very curious to see what % of the player base clear all the progressions in the Gauntlet vs. all the progressions in the Hulk PvP
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I didn't get to finish Gauntlet, partly because grinding other events took so much time, and partly because Gauntlet was back-burnered due to mediocre rewards, but I wanted to add that I *do* enjoy the event.

I think it scales up a bit too quickly in the middle tier, but I do very much enjoy it. It's exactly the sort of "play when you want" type of event I like for casual play. (Too bad the grinding the other events for rewards doesn't leave time for casual play.) In addition, as others in this thread have mentioned, I like that the available roster and strategy dynamic changes each match because it's against heroes and not just the dark reign villains.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only thing I don't like about the gauntlet is when they run a PvE along side it.

Just let us focus on one event at a time, gosh darn it!
  • My own gauntlet feedback for future runs is that the "Future Essentials" (IE, for this Ultron Gauntlet, 2 Storm, Blade, and 4 Thor) need to be rearranged in the progressions to be more accessible for people in varying states of transition.

Personal opinion, these covers should be given out with each sub clear, minus essentials, so for example, the first sub would give 2storm, the second sub would give blade, and the third would give 4 thor.

Then rearrange awards so the essentials progression (the extra nodes that are locked off without the essential) still have value, be it extra 3 star covers outside the future essentials, to the grand prize for full clear being a legendary token.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    My own gauntlet feedback for future runs is that the "Future Essentials" (IE, for this Ultron Gauntlet, 2 Storm, Blade, and 4 Thor) need to be rearranged in the progressions to be more accessible for people in varying states of transition.

Personal opinion, these covers should be given out with each sub clear, minus essentials, so for example, the first sub would give 2storm, the second sub would give blade, and the third would give 4 thor.

Then rearrange awards so the essentials progression (the extra nodes that are locked off without the essential) still have value, be it extra 3 star covers outside the future essentials, to the grand prize for full clear being a legendary token.

highly doubt gaunlet will be level based it would be a major pain in the **** to program for. I say they ran gaunlet with a PVE cause they were seeing major drop of of people who play when gaunlet was running, i know a lot of people who just dont play when gaunlet runs... Maybe give a 3 star better token at the end of each stage.. I know after grinding thought the first map and then getting a 2 star i gave up was not worth the time...

i would love for them to just do away with gaunlet do away with pve and do a pure

Single player ultron.. same type as team play so you get the same rewards

ultron has 10k per player at stage 1 and goes up from there
    so allaince with 5 people would have to take down a 50k ultron on stage 1
    1 person have 10k to take down.
  • I love gauntlet too. The only thing I disagree with OP is the view on essential nodes. They are the only **** ruining otherwise a good idea. In best case you have to use undercovered underleveled character making it basically 2 vs 3 fight. Worst case you don't have and - guess what - you are just plain and simple locked out of top prize. Not "extremely hard next to impossible one in a million chance". Just plain "screw you".
    That happen to me in last two gauntlets because I didn't have the required 4* and that's the proverbial spoonful of ****.
    BTW if they get into a habit of putting freshly released 4* as essential (like the last time) they effectively screw 90% of the player base denying them any chance to finish it.
  • Only thing I don't like about the gauntlet is when they run a PvE along side it.

Just let us focus on one event at a time, gosh darn it!

I think the rewards for actually finishing the gauntlet are pretty lame. A single 4star for completing the entire thing? It's nearly impossible to finish for me, and the reward is absolutely not worth trying for.