Known Issue: Silver Surfer Level Display

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
Just wanted to point out a known issue with Silver Surfer that's present in R83 and will be fixed in a future client patch (although probably not until R85 at earliest, as R84 is already in submission).

Basically, Silver Surfer (and any other 5*) character level appears higher than it actually is when viewed on the pre-battle screen or as a Team-Up. This is a display bug only and the game is treating the level properly. So no, that player isn't cheating by having a 324 Silver Surfer when it should only add up to 300. It really is a 300, just that the game isn't displaying the correct variable for level.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Just wanted to point out a known issue with Silver Surfer that's present in R83 and will be fixed in a future client patch (although probably not until R85 at earliest, as R84 is already in submission).

Basically, Silver Surfer (and any other 5*) character level appears higher than it actually is when viewed on the pre-battle screen or as a Team-Up. This is a display bug only and the game is treating the level properly. So no, that player isn't cheating by having a 324 Silver Surfer when it should only add up to 300. It really is a 300, just that the game isn't displaying the correct variable for level.

Send me a few 5 cover team ups, so i can test this, ok?
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    So I have 1 blue silver surfer cover. It shows him being level 255 and I can spend ISO on him to boost to 270.

Am I actually able to level him up with only one cover? I think I should save my ISO until the fix comes out.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, they've said before that each cover for a 5* raises the level cap by 15, including the first cover. You're not seeing a display problem.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know for certain whether this bug is resolved? I'd like to unstick the thread if so.