Silver surfer passive stun. Cover or ability fired ?

nwman
nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
(PASSIVE) Silver Surfer cannot be stunned. Dev note: Yes, this means you need this power for the stun resist to kick in.
Level Upgrades

There is still confusion.

I understood it to mean the power needs to be fired for 12 ap and then You can't be stunned for rest of match.

Others understand it as you need the cover only.

This doesn't make sense to me as why would they need to clarify that. You always need a cover for a power.

Thanks

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have any blue covers, SS is immune to stun. End of story. No use of the power is required.

I think the clarification was to make clear that the stun immunity was tied to the blue power specifically, rather than a general character trait.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first character with stun resistance made available to players, so they clarified it a bit. You do not have to fire the blue ability to trigger the stun resistance.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Then putting to kick in, in the clarification is extra confusing.

It could be you need this cover, to kick in.

Lack of standard game terms I suppose.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Yes, this means you need this power for the stun resist to kick in."

Seems fairly straight forward to me. It "kicks in" to the character build with the first blue cover, like any other passive. Maybe they could have avoided the colloquialism.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is like any other Passive/Active. You need the cover for the passive to work, the AP is only for the active portion.. this is true on any passive/active power.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    It should be like Doom's pink.

He won't start spamming trap tiles until you have the first pink cover. That ability also has an active to fire but the passive will still occur each turn whenever possible.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    The stun immunity is a passive skill. Since Silver Surfer is such a perfect being, D3 couldn't settle w/ just giving him one power under that title. icon_lol.gif
  • moogles85 wrote:
    It should be like Doom's pink.

He won't start spamming trap tiles until you have the first pink cover. That ability also has an active to fire but the passive will still occur each turn whenever possible.
    Exactly what I told him on Line but he insisted to come here :p