ISO costs and purchases

So I've been pretty darn successful with the Deadpool daily and very lucky with draws. So now I have a ton of fully powered characters I can reach level 166 with (3*). But I need soooo much ISO to complete it. Last night's math came down to 800 thousand ISO needed to bring my guys up to 166. And that's the whole roster. But without the whole roster, if I only want to bring up 2 or 3 toons, that's still well over 180k iso. That's a lot. And then it's compounded by the Mother Lode purchase for anyone who wants to get there quicker is only 78k ISO.

These guys aren't worth the effort to earn 180k iso largely and definitely aren't worth the money (note that $200 wouldn't be enough).

I think both the internal iso cost and the $:iso ratio need to be re-looked at. Especially with 5* out and with everyone generally getting higher and higher in power.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can earn over 4000 iso from DDQ alone in under 15 minutes. Regular play will rack up your 180k a lot faster than you think. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    You can earn over 4000 iso from DDQ alone in under 15 minutes. Regular play will rack up your 180k a lot faster than you think. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

What you're basically saying is "Just keep playing... you'll get more ISOs that way"

While that's true, I don't think that was the point of his post. I also think that the ISOs:Real Money needs to be revisited.

$99 for 78k is not even that useful anymore. Heck, even when D3 puts 91,000 as a "special offer", at the time of this post, it often doesn't take into account how much ISOs is really needed for someone who is looking to max out multiple character.

180k, in my opinion, should be on the table if they are asking for $100 for ISOs.

UNLESS, D3 is also planning on lowering the cost of ISOs for Heroes/Villians that are 3*s and lower once again! Then I won't see the pricing of the marketplace such an issue.

This is after all a Feedback page, not a rant page.
  • I know that IceX said roster slot prices are a major source of revenue for the business so obviously people are buying hp packs but I'm curious how many people even buy iso packs.
    From the start I've been told by players to buy hp if I want but not to waste my money on iso, and looking at the price of iso and what it buys I absolutely agree with them.
    If the majority of players are not buying iso packs then what harm would it do to either up the iso return or lower the cost?
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    From someone who regularly "donates" (200 hp per month) to the game to support the developers, I can honestly say that if the ISO packs to buy had double the ISO for the same price, I would still not buy them.

200 hp is worth one 8hr hop
    1200 iso is nothing. 2400 is still a joke.

These packs are a joke, so are the ISO rewards (the 4* taco reward, for example, vs the 4* HP reward)
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    ruyen wrote:
    From someone who regularly "donates" (200 hp per month) to the game to support the developers, I can honestly say that if the ISO packs to buy had double the ISO for the same price, I would still not buy them.

200 hp is worth one 8hr hop
    1200 iso is nothing. 2400 is still a joke.

These packs are a joke, so are the ISO rewards (the 4* taco reward, for example, vs the 4* HP reward)
    Yeah. I agree.

I hope there's a game designer on the D3 team working on it's marketplace or some one re-examinating it to better serve the community in terms of micro-transactions.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a strong hunch that market forces will have a much bigger impact on the ISO pricing than complaints on a community forum. You're welcome to make any suggestions you like, but half a dozen people saying "I don't think that's a very good deal" is nothing compared to a spreadsheet of sales over the past quarter. If you don't like the pricing, don't buy ISO.