Legendary Token Clarification

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I watched the dev's video regarding these tokens and the 5* releases, with a total of three to come over the next month or two.

The current payout percentages are at 5% for Surfer and 6.8% for any other individual 4* character (since there are 14, that makes sense).

However, with the roll-out of two additional 5* characters, and the addition of Ice-Man, this changes the odds quite a bit.

With three 5*s and fifteen 4*s, the odds become 15% for a 5* (since each one comes at a 5% rate), and then 5.6% for any one 4*.

Please correct me if I am doing my percentages wrong, but I don't think I am.

That being said... I see absolutely no reason to redeem a single Legendary Token until after all three 5*s are released since the odds are so much better later.

Thoughts?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice said odds for a 5* would riase to 10% once the second is released, but conspicuously did not say they would go up to 15 for the third. So it may be that your best chance is when the second one gets added.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    the way it sounded to me was the first release (now) would be 5% pulls, second release would increase to 10% and third release would stay at 10%. ice may have commented directly on this in one of the threads.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somewhere around here, IceIX confirmed that the rate would stay at 10% when the third 5* is added. So for the first month, there's one character at 5%, second month two at 5% each, and third has three at 3.33% each.

Personally, I'll be trying to save any legendaries I get for month two to have the 10% chance of 5* covers with the smallest pool of 5* characters. I'd rather have two characters with three covers each than three with two each (not that either of those is likely).

That said, it'll be hard to hang onto them for that first month. I'm not a hoarder.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    Somewhere around here, IceIX confirmed that the rate would stay at 10% when the third 5* is added. So for the first month, there's one character at 5%, second month two at 5% each, and third has three at 3.33% each.

Personally, I'll be trying to save any legendaries I get for month two to have the 10% chance of 5* covers with the smallest pool of 5* characters. I'd rather have two characters with three covers each than three with two each (not that either of those is likely).

That said, it'll be hard to hang onto them for that first month. I'm not a hoarder.

The struggle of the non hoarders. We know it'll benefit in the long run but daamn that (1) icon at the top of the screen (bottom on mobile right?) is calling me to pull those tokens.
    sigh
  • TxMoose
    hell I am a hoarder and it'll be hard.

got up to 50 tacos and pulled the trigger on them a while back getting the 10K iso and a 4thor yellow. now waiting on a good pair of 4*s to pull my other batch that is up to 60 now, will be 70 at the end of this cycle. currently have a xf black which I could use (would be his 5th) but the other is IW, so i'll wait.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok. Didn't see the bit about it staying at 10%. I am not a hoarder and I'm hoping not to accidentally hit it.

Unless they make a change, I'll wait (begrudgingly) until the second 5* is released.

It does make me worried that gaining 5* covers is going to become increasingly difficult, though. If a fourth one is released, and it stays at 10%, now you're looking at a 3.33% chance per pull of getting a specific 5* cover. And having a 1 in 3 chance of whatever color you need means that you are now into the 1.11% range. Suddenly we are back to standard Heroic token percentages.

This'll end up being a great way to fill out my 4*s, but I'm seriously doubting the odds are with us for 5* playability as the more are released.

And when they roll out the 5* essential missions... People are going to get their serious complaining going.
  • TxMoose
    pool dilution is always something I resent some. made my *** transition tough and is making the beginning of my **** transition slower than I'd like. I feel like I'd be much farther along if I'd have found the game a month or 2 sooner than I did (further along than I will be in a month or 2 from now).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could always increase (or decrease icon_e_confused.gif) the 5* percentage in tokens as they increase the size of the pool. 10% is just where it's going to plateau until they revisit it.
  • A hoarding trick to help you all on your journey to not impulsively opening those legendary tokens as soon as you get them - Stop opening standard tokens until you've got 100 of them, or 100 tokens total. Once you get used to seeing a 99 on your Recruit Heroes icon, it's a lot easier. Getting to 99 is hard, but staying there is fairly easy.

Currently sitting on... 459 standards (opened about 800 a couple weeks back when I was at 1050), 26 heroics and a 10 pack (those often get opened at the beginning of a season when the new 4*s get added.
    And at least one of every event token for at least the last 6 months, 90+ different unique events I think.