The Thing - bug or feature?

Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
I was playing against The Thing in the gauntlet yesterday and I used Thor's green ability against a target that had lower HP than The Thing. The Thing jumped in front, took some damage, and then placed his defense tiles. However, none of the other characters on the enemy team were damaged at all. Is that how this is supposed to work (i.e. that The Thing can negate target all abilities)? I later used Deadpool's Whales ability and it hit everyone, but I can't remember if The Thing had the lowest HP when I used Whales.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was a bug, where if an invisible enemy (px or someone invis'd by IW etc) was the only enemy left, then Thor Green and Carnage Red, since they do DD first, AoE second.. would end up not being castable.. since DD cannot harm someone who is invisible.. they fixed it, so the invisible person would take the aoe damage only.

This sounds like a side effect of that fix.. may want to do a bug report.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've heard a similar complaint involving Call the Storm and Deadpool. Deadpool takes the main damage, and the damage to the rest of the team is negated.

These protector triggered abilities used to fail to trigger on Call the Storm. They fixed that a couple of releases ago, but I'm guessing introduced this bug.