Who is your favorite PLANESWALKER?

Options
Taking a break after playing actively for 2 days now. Which PLANESWALKER did you like and why?
I started playing with default NISSA and them all but the one I chose eventually is CHANDRA. Quick spells and haste creatures are really killing it. It's always fun to fry a planeswalker and their minions. icon_evil.gif

Comments

• I have been using Nissan throughout the campaign and after unlocking her second ability she really becomes a powerhouse.
  • Artean
    Options
    Is this actually out now or in beta release?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Artean wrote:
    Is this actually out now or in beta release?

Hi,

The game is out in early, limited release in a few Asian territories. Worldwide release is coming soon and currently planned for later this fall.

Thanks.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, that would be good if we, loyal MPQ players could join beta...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    Wow, that would be good if we, loyal MPQ players could join beta...

Hi,

The game is not in beta, so there is no beta to provide. If you live in the few territories it is available you will see the game offered for download in the App Store or Google Play. It is coming soon for a worldwide audience. Not very long from now.

Thanks.
  • Hi David,

Which country's is this game available for on iOS?

Thanks.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JonnyRo wrote:
    Hi David,

Thanks.
    David may not reply for a few days, as the D3 staff is attending the New York Comic Con.

I believe it is available in some Asian regions now, but I don't know details. I expect there will be a lot of press and announcements when it goes into full release.
  • thanks dayv,

I know it's out in the Phillipines on android.

If anyone knows of any country it's out on iOS, please shed some insight.

thanks.
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    Options
    If I had to guess I bet it comes out next week since there's a Magic the Gathering Pro Tour happening on 10/16. The Pro Tour is always live streamed with a good amount of viewers so they could get some immediate promotion to Magic players.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    JonnyRo wrote:
    Hi David,

Thanks.

Hi,

Right now, we can say that the game is available in select countries in South East Asia. More will be revealed soon. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • nikdudu wrote:
    Taking a break after playing actively for 2 days now. Which PLANESWALKER did you like and why?
    I started playing with default NISSA and them all but the one I chose eventually is CHANDRA. Quick spells and haste creatures are really killing it. It's always fun to fry a planeswalker and their minions. icon_evil.gif

Having just started I only have Nissa but I am eagerly awaiting Gideon, Chandra and Jace.
  • spree
    spree Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I currently have enough tokens to buy either Jace, Liliana or Gideon. Any recommendations?

Not bothering about Chandra, since she's available as a reward on Day 30

I've played with Jace up to Level 11. Weak initially with only 2 or 3 slots in deck for creatures.
    Needed cards from booster 4 pack purchased with 200 gems earnt in game - well worth it, some cards in there that made his deck better than Nissa for me now.

So I think whichever character you choose they'll be weak, you'll need boosters to get a stronger deck
  • I've been playing with Jace since branching away from Nissa. I really like his ability that copies the last spell you cast and puts it back into your hand at reduced cost. This is great for getting cheap Disperse and Anchor to the Aether spells off. It's also great for pumping a giant whirly bird stack with Foundry of the Consuls. Overall, his better access to card draw and bounce spells have made it easy to control the board and get consistent wins.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I don't like her cards as much, I like Nissa's abilities the best. Draw plus acceleration to help get set up, then mass buffs to speed up the end game. I think I'll like using her more once I collect better cards.
  • carlito666
    Options
    Actually Gideon is for nubs. Hate to play against him.
    My fav are Nissa Chandra and Jace.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like Lilianna.
    Corruption helps me suppress the opponents and clear my hand of junk, and grave mist has saved me more times than I care to mention.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've played a little bit of everyone and have Lilliana and Jace up to lvl 14. I have my Nissa up to 27. I've been crushing it with Nissa, especially after buying the 14 booster Big Box and getting some more useful cards. I'm about halfway through Chapter 3 and have only had issues with a getting past a few challenges. I just had to rejigger my deck a little bit each time and no problems. Giving doods +4/+4 and also being able to draw and get 3 mana at the same time is nice.
  • Jace is my favorite Planeswalker from the card game but right now I don't have the cards to run him the way I want. My Gideon has a ton of fantastic cards so I have been working on leveling him until I get some good cards to play for Jace and maybe Chandra.
  • I have been playing Jace, im almost done chapter 2, but can someone explain Jace's 3rd power. Activate 5 drain 3 mana. I activates 5 gems but they don't seem to do anything, even when I match them.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mitchjava wrote:
    I have been playing Jace, im almost done chapter 2, but can someone explain Jace's 3rd power. Activate 5 drain 3 mana. I activates 5 gems but they don't seem to do anything, even when I match them.

From what I understand of the "Activate" ability, Jace's power will create 5 "specially lit" tiles on the board (I'm guessing they would be Blue because Jace, and "specially lit" meaning they will have a Blue circle around them). If you match any of these 5 special tiles, you will drain 3 mana from the opponent. If you happen to match 2 of those tiles during the same match, you would end up draining 6, and if the opponent matches them away, nothing happens (that's their incentive to match them away, just like trying to match away Support tiles).