Random Glitches (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Deadpool)

Hey there,

I've been noticing a few glitches for a while and was hoping to have them addressed. I wasn't sure if these needed to be submitted as tickets or not.

- The first is Daredevil's Ambush. When completing a wave after matching your own Ambush it does not relocate to a different red tile.

- If you activate an enemy Deadpool's "Life of the Party" with Luke Cage's Jab Jab Cross (with stun) it does damage to Deadpool but stun's the original intended target. Is that supposed to happen?

These are the two main ones. There are some others I've noticed but I'm not entirely sure if they're mechanics or if it's an issue.

- Is Countdown for What supposed to activate if Deadpool is stunned? Similarly, Daredevil's Ambush? I feel like there are some abilities that do and do not activate when the character is stunned.

- ...More Daredevil. Are abilities like Thor's Thunder Strike and Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun supposed to be able to change the color tile of Ambush? Seems to happen all the time to me.

That's all I have right now. I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reide wrote:
    Hey there,

I've been noticing a few glitches for a while and was hoping to have them addressed. I wasn't sure if these needed to be submitted as tickets or not.

- The first is Daredevil's Ambush. When completing a wave after matching your own Ambush it does not relocate to a different red tile.

- If you activate an enemy Deadpool's "Life of the Party" with Luke Cage's Jab Jab Cross (with stun) it does damage to Deadpool but stun's the original intended target. Is that supposed to happen?

These are the two main ones. There are some others I've noticed but I'm not entirely sure if they're mechanics or if it's an issue.

- Is Countdown for What supposed to activate if Deadpool is stunned? Similarly, Daredevil's Ambush? I feel like there are some abilities that do and do not activate when the character is stunned.

- ...More Daredevil. Are abilities like Thor's Thunder Strike and Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun supposed to be able to change the color tile of Ambush? Seems to happen all the time to me.

In general, it's best to use separate threads for unrelated issues, but also you should search the forums to see if it's been reported before. All of these have been discussed here before.

As far as I know:
    • Disappearing Ambush tiles in Survival nodes are almost certainly a bug, but the devs haven't commented on it as far as I know.
    • The stun is processed before the damage for all skills that do both. It is arguable whether or not this is a bug, but I personally think it should be changed. Some skills definitely imply the opposite behavior in their descriptions, some are less specific about the order.
    • Traps and trap-like countdown tiles have their effects on match whether or not the owner is stunned. This appears to be working as intended.
    • Traps and most (all?) other special tiles can have their color changed by skills that alter tile color non-destructively. This is working as intended.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Reide wrote:
    Hey there,

In general, it's best to use separate threads for unrelated issues, but also you should search the forums to see if it's been reported before. All of these have been discussed here before.

As far as I know:
    • Disappearing Ambush tiles in Survival nodes are almost certainly a bug, but the devs haven't commented on it as far as I know.
    • The stun is processed before the damage for all skills that do both. It is arguable whether or not this is a bug, but I personally think it should be changed. Some skills definitely imply the opposite behavior in their descriptions, some are less specific about the order.
    • Traps and trap-like countdown tiles have their effects on match whether or not the owner is stunned. This appears to be working as intended.
    • Traps and most (all?) other special tiles can have their color changed by skills that alter tile color non-destructively. This is working as intended.

Apologies, I just didn't want to flood the board on my first post(s) with a bunch of "bugs" that may have not been bugs at all.

I guess I was looking at things like activating traps while stunned doesn't make sense if I'm picturing the event in my head. Same way the Jab Jab / Life of the Party doesn't really make sense. If Deadpool is absorbing the blow, cinematically shouldn't he be the one who's stunned? If Daredevil is stunned how can he ambush someone?

Make sense?

Thanks for your teply!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reide wrote:
    I guess I was looking at things like activating traps while stunned doesn't make sense if I'm picturing the event in my head. Same way the Jab Jab / Life of the Party doesn't really make sense. If Deadpool is absorbing the blow, cinematically shouldn't he be the one who's stunned? If Daredevil is stunned how can he ambush someone?

Make sense?
    Your point definitely seems weird from a story perspective -- how does stunned Daredevil kick you in the face? But in the end, it's just a trap tile with a kicking image for flavor. Some traps make perfect sense to work when the owner is stunned (e.g., caltrops), some are more counter-intuitive (Ambush). Coding it so that traps could work two ways would add more complexity and confusion in the long run -- you'd then have stunnable traps and non-stunnable ones. Similarly, one could argue that some countdowns make no sense to be stunnable -- I stunned Falcon, not Redwing!

In the end, it's an abstract puzzle game, and the mechanics are fixed based on tile type, not what the description says.

I totally want them to reverse the stun/damage order, though.