Thank you for the expanded PVE progression rewards.

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It had been said the chances of extra rewards between the current 3 star cover at then-max progression and the Legendary token was being discussed.

Now that we can see event rewards, can see they were indeed implemented, including an extra HP reward and an event token, and iso as well.

So thanks for that!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got OUT of pve! Why would you do this to me? icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I just got OUT of pve! Why would you do this to me? icon_lol.gif
    this. every 4* release I finish it and say, man I'm glad I don't pve any more. this might change some of that. especially weeks like this one where slow boosteds make getting to 1300 really tough.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I have to say I'm excited for the new progression rewards.

I'm in between the 3* to 4* progression and the game had gotten pretty stale for me since most of my 4*'s have less than 6 covers.

My husband had stopped playing the game completely and now he even wants to do the PvE for a gaurenteed Legendary token.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. I was kind of dreading a giant wasteland between the 3* cover and the Legendary token, so this was great to see.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Esheris wrote:
    I have to say I'm excited for the new progression rewards.

I'm in between the 3* to 4* progression and the game had gotten pretty stale for me since most of my 4*'s have less than 6 covers.

My husband had stopped playing the game completely and now he even wants to do the PvE for a gaurenteed Legendary token.

if your scoring that high you should got a 4 star in 4 star events so what makes the big difference now
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    This was a much needed change to the game, and I'm glad it's finally happened. Thanks for this!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huge step in the right direction.

Now just needs tuning per event.

Also get ready for some of the highest pve scores in a LONG time.

ALSO- placement needs a huge restructure, rewards will be harder for 3 star people then ever,
    now there won't just be tough scores for the sake of getting top 1-2, but every pve has legendary now.
  • Top scores in Hulk are at least 2x max progression. That won't change.
    The PVE was balanced before so that most players could get max progression if they committed to playing the entire event, but of course there were players who would ultra-grind to get 2x max progression to earn the top placement rewards.

I'm wondering with this new system if the legendary pack progression reward is specifically only for the ultra-committed and most players will probably only make it to greentile.png Blade (I haven't personally ever gotten 2x max progression)

note: I understand that the node point values have multipliers that are relative to the player's standing in their group and that being in an active group means higher numbers, but those multipliers are still based off static numbers that have been balanced. My question is whether or not the base numbers have changed.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Huge step in the right direction.

Now just needs tuning per event.

Also get ready for some of the highest pve scores in a LONG time.

ALSO- placement needs a huge restructure, rewards will be harder for 3 star people then ever,
    now there won't just be tough scores for the sake of getting top 1-2, but every pve has legendary now.

Top scoring has always been tight. You won't see high scores in an absolute sense, but we should see more people hitting max progression.

Top scores in Hulk are at least 2x max progression. That won't change.

You seemed to have missed what i said.

Max progression is now 2 times what it was before.
    We could be reaching a point where top 10 wants red thing while they're at it because he's like what 2 months old?

People competing for all 3 star covers need top 10.

That doesn't make sense. Pve scores will likely hit higher highs.

My concern isn't top 2 but the reverberations through everywhere else but no one else seems to want to look below that pedestal on top, and at this point it's very wall-ish, they'll change it when things get screwed or just lose retention once people are walled off on 3 stars besides DDQ.
    PVP is already not an option.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I think that the overall scores in non-release PvE's is going to end up much higher, but I don't think you will see much difference at the top end.

You can only grind so much and the progression rewards will simply push the point where vets stop unless they're trying to hit top 2 placement for the 4* cover in the non-releases.

Will this mean more health pack revenue for D3? Doubt it. I rarely buy them even in the release events when I'm gunning for top placement.
  • Definitely seeing more competition personally for a non new release, will be interesting if it sticks through the entire 7 days.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'll be interesting to see how the leaderboards change when some people stop dead when they hit 70,000, or only keep playing enough to get tokens from the sub rewards. (Spoiler warning: I will be one of them)
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    GurlBYE wrote:

Join on day 2. Still plenty of time to hit the progressions and a better chance of getting top placement because the real grinders will join on day 3+ or day 1.

The worst thing you can do when trying for placement is to get yourself in with the people fighting for alliance rewards on day 1.
  • So, end of Hulk notes:

70K was fairly easily reached. I only had the 2 and 3 star essentials, but doing only 3 clears a day, with a few extra grinds on goon nodes, I reached 70k just after the first clear of my last day. Part of those final points were the 1 time nodes on the main map, plus I did tap the loaner node 2 extra times on that clear because I was close enough to the token and got impatient.

Competition was definitely increased, but there was a definite drop off in my bracket post 70k. I started final day at 220 in my bracket, but with my 3 clears and an extra clear for good measure, I was able to hop to 130, and one more essential 2 star node tap kept me in the 130-140 range. If I'd grinded harder for the entire event, Im sure I would have gotten the 70 k reward earlier, and placed higher.

After 2 clears for R&G, Im in top 100, so I suspect Im either in a easier bracket, or people are aiming for more optimal clears, due to the new character release.

Little early for feedback, as it's only been one event, but I still wish the 4 star essential was placed in the PVE progression as they are in PVP. If this meant pushing the Legendary token back another prize notch, I'd be fine with that, but part of the appeal in PVE is getting on the treadmill, where you earn characters for the next event, or in case you are missing them, you earn them on the current event as progression, much like the current system works for 2 and 3 stars.

but again, as I stated at the start of the thread, Im just happy for the expanded rewards, as almost nothing was more disheartening than doing 3 daily clears just for placement and having capped progression on day 3-4.