2* Daken vs 3* Daken

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, in Blue Shift, I noticed that my 3* is the same level as my 2* who is boosted. I find that my 2* is a better Daken then the 3*. Has 20 more health, loses less passive health because 3* needs 7 blue (3* is 5/5/3) vs 6 blue for the 2* (3/5/5). The 2 star hits harder for the Chemical Reaction (granted their build is a little different but only because 3* needs 5 black because of the higher demand of having blue on the board). So I am now using my 2* for my climb which should never be the case when you have both versions. You would never use 2* cap or 2* Thor if you had them at same levels. The whole point of having the 3* is to have a better character, not a worse character.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    2*s are always better than 3*s at the same level. (caveat: 3*s have more powerful powers, just look at lazy thor v. 2* thor)

3*s just go to a much higher level. . .
  • You have them built differently. The second strike tile at 5 purple makes the 3* version more powerful with the 5/5/3 build which changes his play style, and how he interacts with other characters. He pairs well with Falcon, or OBW to take advantage of all the strike tiles. The 2* version plays a different role, he builds better with 5 blue and is less of a support character generating strike tiles, and more of an offensive character that uses strikes tiles from himself and others (pairs well with 2* Wolverine for example) to be a damage dealer.

He is considered a "Lazy" character, but the differences are just subtle enough that the two versions do actually play differently.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much what was said above.

You don't really see the benefit of Daken until you hit 5 covers of P.Rage and start dropping double swords.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    That is true, but I do not think that any other 2* who is scaled to level 150 beats their 3* counterpart. Like I said, Cap and Thor are both weaker.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    2*s are always better than 3*s at the same level. (caveat: 3*s have more powerful powers, just look at lazy thor v. 2* thor)

3*s just go to a much higher level. . .
    that sounds very confusing. 2* cap and thor are unequivocally NOT better than their 3* counterparts at the same level, even if their match damage is a bit higher. to me daken is a special case since their 'optimal' builds are different because of the second strike available. not sure why they added the needed blue of the healing/heat number, but they did. they made them enough different that you build them and use them differently. no doubt that 2K damage for 5 blue at lvl 94 is one of the best damage/ap ratios for **s (maybe only windstorm better?). but getting to 4 strikes with him can be pretty hard, takes a while and you have to chase/use green (not hard for **s), and they have to survive. so the stars really have to align right for it to be used consistently. boosted ** daken would be great with blade icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    That is true, but I do not think that any other 2* who is scaled to level 150 beats their 3* counterpart. Like I said, Cap and Thor are both weaker.

Just enjoy having two powerful Dakens for a week! Pairing him with Patch and Loki is always a joy, but being able to use both of them in the event that one dies or low on health is great. As the others have stated above, while they may have similar abilities, they both play slightly different as opposed to Thor who has the same exact strategy at both 2* and 3* tier.

Heck right now my 2* Wolverine (5/5/3) is better than my 4* Wolverine (4/2/2) at the same level, especially his greenflag.png _ icon_lol.gif